21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Thread Like Summary
GLyford, JIM, sonny
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#3349 12/15/2022 6:26 PM
by sonny
sonny
When you visit MBN, Please leave a Hi or something so we know you are still with us! It would mean a lot to us if you would that.

I am here but you already know that! who else is here?
Liked Replies
#3350 Dec 15th a 10:01 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Im here Sonny.cleaning up messes as always..maybe it's my turn to make one
1 member likes this
#3358 Dec 17th a 01:08 PM
by Stan Bennett
Stan Bennett
Checking in at 8:07 am on this bright and sunny Saturday morning. Please send breakfast to my room please.
1 member likes this
#3360 Dec 17th a 01:20 PM
by GLyford
GLyford
(waves)
1 member likes this
#3392 Dec 21st a 03:20 AM
by uberintj
uberintj
Here doing a little check-in on my HammerStone thread. 20 DEC, 22:20. Merry Christmas everyone.
1 member likes this
#3389 Dec 20th a 11:15 PM
by GLyford
GLyford
Happy Tuesday...
1 member likes this
#3397 Dec 21st a 08:53 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Originally Posted by sonny
I will GLADLY share it!!!
If we don't hear from you Sonny we'll send a St.Bernard out with some soup for ya
12/21 353pm est
1 member likes this
#3398 Dec 21st a 10:19 PM
by GLyford
GLyford
Jigs across the stage with hat and cane...
1 member likes this
#3425 Dec 25th a 05:56 PM
by sonny
sonny
11:55 ---- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
1 member likes this
#3427 Dec 26th a 01:59 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Sonny's not wanting to lose his 'Top Poster' slot to the webmaster Jim
8:58am EST 12/26. only 500 more posts to go and I'll catch up to you Sonny
1 member likes this
#3436 Dec 27th a 11:14 AM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
608AM 12/27 Colder than a witch's tit outside,15deg..no precip here, just salt everywhere..at least the ground is frozen hard.
300miles north of you Jim, 800miles east of Sonny..
1 member likes this
#3496 Jan 1st a 12:22 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Common sense isnt taught anymore..in fact I think its being bred out of our young people..all they do is google whatever on their smartphone..

1/1/2023 723AM EST
1 member likes this
#3556 Jan 3rd a 05:45 PM
by Stan Bennett
Stan Bennett
Me too Jim. His days of football playing may be over. Hope he recovers and can work in the NFL someplace. Never saw an ambulance on the field before. Sad

Today just hangin around waiting for a generator to be deliverd. Bought a 13 KW dual fuel Duromax. Should do everything I need it for when the lights go out in a hurricane. My 5500 Generac did the job during the recent Ian hurricane, but sold that. New unit should be able to run most all my stuff. I could have gone with a 22kw standby but they are getting about $22K for those and buried LP tank. Ill have about $1300 in this setup with a panel interlock plate to supply the whole house. I'm sure I will have to alternate some heavy use stuff like central air conditioner and stove but it should do OK.
1 member likes this
#3575 Jan 3rd a 11:08 PM
by JIM
JIM
6:07 chatting with a guy on the UBB forums about our email notification issue.
1 member likes this
#3811 Jan 21st a 02:12 PM
by GLyford
GLyford
Morning coffee and MBN...
1 member likes this
#3853 Jan 31st a 11:16 PM
by JIM
JIM
Another Long day.. Came home & there was a envelope on the counter from Sonny.. I'll try & get it deposited asap so your books stay straight.
1 member likes this
#4341 Sep 26th a 08:31 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
did a complete going over of the T300 Bobcat loader I just bought, radiator hoses,hydraulics+several hoses,custom counterweights,new oil cooler,pump drive belt, a lot of work in time and labor but with a no-emissions Kubota turbo it oughta last a while..getting ready for colder weather here once things dry out after Ophilia tropical storm blew thru,everything is wet but no damage..so after a few days of drying out its back in the action
9/26/2023
4:30PM EST
1 member likes this
#4345 Oct 5th a 10:46 AM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
turning wrenches lately on the Bobcat trackloader, she was previously enjoyed and didnt get much love..lots of things to set straight on it. Today should finish it up.
also helping my brother move, and getting ready for winter season to set in. Staging shop jobs for the cold season, lathe needs service,probably a belt set install.
Retirement has been good, busy now more than ever
10/5/2023 0644AM EST
1 member likes this
#4344 Oct 5th a 12:48 AM
by JIM
JIM
i am still alive
1 member likes this
#4374 Oct 31st a 03:35 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Good to hear from you Terry, sad to hear you had to go thru all that..sometimes the best medicine is to get out into the shop and get going on a small project,something you know you can complete,to give you the satisfaction and reassurance you still have it..then move on to something bigger..doesn't have to cost a lot or be spectacular..just cleaning out, moving a cabinet or building some shelves out of scrap pallet wood might do it..to get your mojo back..sometimes just sitting and (optionally enjoying an adult beverage and/or cigar) and looking at a shop job does it for me..I can usually come up with a problem fix or solution with slow analysis..then get another beverage and further investigate. Then turn out the lights and come back the next day and you might see it totally different..sometimes a good night sleep and look at it tomorrow approach is the best..FWIW
1 member likes this
#4376 Nov 2nd a 12:57 AM
by JIM
JIM
Damn.... I know that there are no words good enough.. Just know, Just like Sonny said we are here to listen and you are in our Prayers.
1 member likes this
#4472 Dec 28th a 07:54 PM
by Terry
Terry
Well, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was very different. I was alone the day before, the day of and the day after Christmas. My so and his fiancé were busy ferrying kids between ex-husbands and wives. So, it was just me and the cat. She is a feral that I had fixed and feeding for about 3 years now. I could prop open the door on the back porch getting my wife or groceries in the house and she would never make an attempt to even peek in the house. The front steps are awkward at best, so we never use the front door. A couple of days after the funeral I was having a bad night. I heard a cat at the front door. I wiped the tears and snot off my face and drug open the door. There sat that little cat, Misty! I asked what she was doing out there as she never had come to that door and opened the storm door. She just strolled in like she had been for years and hopped up on the arm of my chair and just stared at me. She has slept on my chest in that recliner ever since.
So, it's me and the cat, Misty.
I couldn't stand to be at home on what would have been our 44th anniversary so I escaped. I had promised my wife we would go to the beach so that is what i did. I was gone a week as i wandered over there, to North Myrtle Beach, stayed a couple days and wandered back.
I got home and that little cat came running out to greet me!
I thought money was going to be tight, but things worked out and other than some asshole hacking my debit card and it gets locked the day before Christmas things were fine.
So, all eyes are on the new year.
Also, good or better weather. There isn't anything so important that I get pneumonia over. Other than the gall bladder issue I have stayed well.
So, with that I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Terry
1 member likes this
#4493 Jan 23rd a 01:00 PM
by JIM
JIM
Still alive here. been cold enough to hide inside all week. Wife has me doing a whole crap load of honey Do stuff. re-upholstered the benches in the sunroom and refinished the table.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
#4546 Feb 28th a 12:02 PM
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Whattdya talkin about Sonny all new vehicles are bad, the good engineers that knew what they were doing are retired and out..Simple question, WHY do we need a electronic module,a switch,a vacuum pump with plastic hoses,a solenoid valve and more plastic to engage 4x4 in a pickup truck when a simple lever on the floor did fine for 70yrs?

7.03AM EST East Coast USA
Cloudy,Chilly and Overcast, Oil heat is ON
1 member likes this
#4548 Feb 29th a 04:10 PM
by sonny
sonny
I agree on the complicated shit that only causes trouble! My old 73 F-250 Hi-Boy only has levers on the floor, manual lock-out hubs and a carb on the 300 motor I put in it! --- ALSO a hand choke! lol! This 98 Explorer has switches that dont work! S'POSED to have 4 low , 4 High , but last time I tried to use 4 low I couldnt get it back into 4 High! I finally shifted back on its own while sitting in the drive. Never touched it again! It runs full time 4x4 High so I leave it there. Got a sensor or some valve on top of the motor messed up cause it slobbers when its cold then dies. Usually starts back up and runs fine. Had it to Gearheads garage and they never fixed it so it still slobbers. Got lucky this winter cause I have the new 96 350 and didnt go anywhere anyhow! lol!
Anyway now on to figuring out how to get the damn track back on the mini-hoe!
2/29/2024 at 10:08 AM
1 member likes this
Recent Topics
2024 gardens
by bunkclimber - 04/25/2024 01:14 PM
What odd jobs did you do today?
by sonny - 04/04/2024 11:14 AM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box