#319 02/19/2019 8:28 PM
by GatorS
GatorS
What odd Jobs did you do today?
Liked Replies
by JIM
JIM
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

decided to do a test run on a piece of scrap to see what the chrome powder coat will look like.
2 members like this
by JIM
JIM
Cemented in and trimmed flush with the curb

HAHAHA.... Now I have duel exhaust.
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Put a zip line up for My granddaughter Sat. It was one of her Birthday presents...
Click on the pic & it should take you to Flickr so you can play the video.
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Getting there.. still need to figure out the pipe clamp stuff and find a thick enough piece of metal for the anvil. as a simple vice it works great so far. I got the acme threaded rod & nuts from McMaster Carr.
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Still cleaning up the shop... Mama came out & said I'm not allowed to buy any more welders or plasma cutters. I don't know why.
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
I'd say you have it covered Jim..I find if I clean up TOO much it interferes with my organization of 'stuff'
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
had an electric fuel lift pumps go bad on a customer generator, the original pumps were 24V, with a foot mount, custom made for the generator manufacturer, and out of production, not available...so we had to reverse engineer a pump setup with JIC fittings that would work, and make a support bracket to support the new pumps which are impulse piston shaped in design..no big deal 2hrs work
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Sonny, if you can't get them there, I'd be happy to send some to you.
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Harbor freight. I got the ones for the golf cart there.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Tested the New dog out to see if she'll be a shop buddy.

Minni Aussie/Maltese a real sweetheart.. 1 brown eye,1 blue the softest fur
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
H.F. cycle lift I use for to lift griddles & stuff in food service didn't go high enough. spent two days trying to figure out how to get it higher so I can lift a griddle off the table to work on the table. solution was so simple, I was embarrassed that It took me so long to solve. too much going on in my life right now but any way ..... problem solved..

This is how it's supposed to be..
Max height this way is only 28".
I needed at least 3 more inches in height. .. this will work. 17 1/2" down.
43 1/2" up all the way.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]ple

Took the bolts out & welded washers to a couple of hitch pins for quick change over.
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
rabbit stew for new year's Sonny..with horseradish sauce on the side
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Originally Posted by sonny
You have gum trees??? Wonder if the seeds would grow?
the LAST g#$ damn tree I would ever plant is a sweetgum tree..absolutely useless PITA not even good for pallet wood..doesnt split in a logsplitter,it just explodes to into shards..and those damn gumballs everywhere.
Last tract my brother and I logged had gum ball trees on it,we were after the Oak and Poplar for saw logs..every oak we went after had 10 gum ball trees in the way of it..pulling a white oak up and out to the landing I ran over a gumball tree sapling and took out the hyd steering hose on the tractor..lost a whole day because of that sweetgum tree
friggin gum ball trees..Did I say I hate sweetgum trees Sonny
1204am sunny and bright because theres no friggen gumball trees in the way
12/30/22
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
Arrrrgggh gumball trees..
Arrowsmith,IL is where your farm is Sonny? Im gonna find that growing gumball tree via satellite pictures on your fenceline and come out there and put it out of its rooted misery before it reproduces or gets any bigger..maybe the two of us take that flatbed F350 and a chain and see just how deep the roots are on that new gumball tree LOL..course that'll give us a reason to fix whats left of the spring hangers then afterwards laughing and cussing at the same time
Happy New Year All
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
So noticed my sign was crooked in that pic so I straightened it up. Also put a new cord on the hyd pump for my lift so I don't have to use an extension cord any more.
a friend got me the sign.

1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
we all need some of those signs posted down at the Mex border..might havta be in Spanish too
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Powder coated the rim for the spare tire. these are going to look good....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Squirted some purple shit on the MG tonight.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Made a cover for the dog crate. she's figured out how to pull the blanket we were using off from inside. Still need to make a flap for the front. if she can see out when we put her in, she whines. Actually pretty lucky with her. she's pretty well behaved for 13week old pup.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
finally got tired of replacing the cheap Chinese pneumatic 10"tires and wheels on both my light handtruck and pressure washer. Got online last week and bought a 4-pack of solid pneumatic tire/wheel combos for them both..never felt so good throwing the old leaking ones in the trash..every year having to disassemble and replace the tubes..what a drill that was. Hopefully this will solve THAT problem..on to the next one!
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Put the foam in the pipe yesterday. Looks like it's doing the job. looks dry in the shop. Supposed to rain all week, so guess it'll get a real test.
Filled in around where the stuff comes up at the house too. Put some super thick commercial refrigerant pipe insulation on the water line first. I need to box it in to protect it all now.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Killed a damn Sweetgum tree.
Wood for the fire pit. Still can't climb due to my ankle, But I got a guy to take it down for $200 and I cut it up. Might have him come back again. I got a couple more I'm thinking about taking out. he was happy all I wanted was just drop it and the price was good for me.
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
Still have to do the roof and trim but She's looking a heck of a lot better.
[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/jim0421/P00XFSP457][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
got a jump on the 5 days of rain coming my way, adjusted the governor on my old '69 Deere Kohler mower, then unpacked and put away into the shop cooler some Montana craft beer I just sent home,cleaned the shop floor and now getting started on another big boy hand truck..oh and retired officially from a 34 year career as an electronic tech..but the soldering iron isn't goin cold..just takin a break before starting a new career..
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
2015 2WD(front wheel drive)..next one would be 4wd without a doubt as this one gets stuck in wet grass..but its been OK for 100K..might ride it for another 25k or so
1 member likes this
Recent Topics
2024 gardens
by sonny - 04/11/2024 10:55 AM
What odd jobs did you do today?
by sonny - 04/04/2024 11:14 AM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box