21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Thread Like Summary
GLyford, sonny
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#420 03/01/2019 1:13 AM
by JIM
JIM
I always liked this one. Lets go..... I just purchased a 2003 Chevy express 3500. It's sweet because it's got the side panels that open. I'm going through it to upgrade it to where I want it to be. Pulled the head liner down to re glue the fabric. And while I'm at it I'm going to mount a monitor in the spot that looks like it was designed for a over head console for a rear view camera. I like having the camera to watch the loads in my trailer...

NEXT...…………...……………….
Liked Replies
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
working on an old Chevy K-30 (1-1/4T 4x4) squarebody pickup..surplus ex-military truck..engine swop (from a 6.2L diesel to a 350/4BL) then unbolted and lifted the bed off, stripped the frame; sandblasted and painted the frame,suspension and rear axle with black acrylic enamel,-added a bit too much isocyanate hardener with the paint..gawd I hate working with that stuff but it does give good results. cleaned up the mess afterwards,put everything away..that's enough for one day..wiring and new radiator tomorrow if I can find the gumption
1 member likes this
by GLyford
GLyford
Added a small HF hoist to my new-to-me pickup.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Added a boat winch to the top, and a snatch block to the end, like the bigger HF hoist has.

Bracing I added to the angles it came with. Rear is on the left, it angles down to a hitch mount on the frame.

Like so.

The forward brace goes straight across, with one welded on chunk of angle to drop to a large hole next to the spring mount.

The far end is about amidships, and bolts to the crossmember and the spare tire hoist mounting plate. Stopped just short of the access tube for lowering the spare. While I have that out I am brushing off the rust and repainting it.

Also got two quad outlets installed over my garage workbench, now I have plenty for chargers and such.
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
moved the '85 GM pickup bed (off the truck presently) from the storage spot out back to up front of the shop here..flipped it up on end with the forklift and started to assess what needs to be done to bring it back..was going to sandblast the underside and get a coat or two of paint on it but found the bed under rails are rotted out, have to get a price Monday on some 2"x3" 1/8"thinwall rectangular tubing to replace the rails with. The rails go from side to side across the frame to support the bed floor,spotwelded to the floor, easy removal just drill out the spotwelds
1 member likes this
by bunkclimber
bunkclimber
stuff just accumulates..I fully understand,one thing gets leaned on another and before ya know it you have a pile-in layers..I have two HD workbenches,both 8ft long and only have 2ft of usable workspace on both..more often than not I wind up working off the top of something else in the shop..very aggravating to be knocking over stuff everywhere
1 member likes this
by JIM
JIM
got enough crap moved to be able to shove the car over & see the Passenger side.
1 member likes this
Recent Topics
2024 gardens
by bunkclimber - 04/25/2024 01:14 PM
What odd jobs did you do today?
by sonny - 04/04/2024 11:14 AM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box