Machine Builders Network+
Posted By: sonny need water manifold idea - 07/19/2019 05:59 PM
I have a 2" pump reduced down to 1 1/4" and I need to make something to run 6 or 7 sprinklers from to try watering more of the gardens from a bigger tank.---My idea was to try a tube, say 2" or so and seal one end somehow then install some garden hose size fittings along the tube.
With this I could use the transfer pump to hook directly to the sprinklers instead of using a little 12-v pump on 1 hose at 260 gallons per hour.

Any suggestions as what to use for adapter?---pvc? steel? open to suggestions!--need something fast! No rain here and water hauling is the only way I can save some of the garden! thanks; sonny
Posted By: Doc Re: need water manifold idea - 07/22/2019 06:18 PM
I'd go back to 2" to attatch to pump, then stack multiple PVC reducing Tees down to garden hose fittings. Get some garden hose screw on caps to block off any tap not in use. Glue just termination cap or final reducing cap on end. PVC is relatively cheap and sturdy. Just remember to drain it come winter.
Doc
Posted By: bunkclimber Re: need water manifold idea - 07/22/2019 08:54 PM
what Doc said, but for me, use CPVC or Schd40 ball valves to control flow on the outlet side..gives you some zone control..look into some IBC containers for rainwater storage
Posted By: sonny Re: need water manifold idea - 07/23/2019 12:08 AM
I have 6 of the 275 gallon ibc totes, Plan was to catch rainwater, BUT it quit raining here so I put the little 550 gallon tank in the Ford and haul water from neighbors 10,000 tanker that he keeps full.
I also have my big tank, 1,650 gallon, that I used last year on the tri-axle trailer and tried to pull it with a WD-45 Allis, ---well that was kind of a wild ride so went to the little tank on the Ford.
Was thinking that pvc stuff might be easier to find.---- need to draw something out and go shopping for fittings.
© Machine Builders Network