Machine Builders Network+
Posted By: Nnaatz Everlast welders - 02/17/2019 01:21 AM
Looking at multi process welders. Narrowed it down too the everlast 221 sti or 252mts sti.. they are mig stick and ac/DC tig. Seem to have good falling on the YouTube but no torcher test. Being a high production hobbyist such as myself...im convinced. Ideas? Priced well good warranty if not a fake one
Posted By: GatorS Re: Everlast welders - 02/19/2019 03:38 AM
I bought a Alpha tig 200 last year from amazon. I tiged about 20 pounds of aluminum rods building a boat. I haven't arc welded much with it yet as I prefer to use the Miller dial arc and keep the wear off the AHP.

It may short out next time I strike it up, but so far so good for me.

It's not a mig though.
Posted By: JIM Re: Everlast welders - 02/19/2019 04:53 AM
I have a Hobart 235 set up with a spool gun for aluminum. Got tired of switching back and forth for steel so I spent $200 on a HF wire feed fluxcore/mig ..NO complaints. got the HF plasma cutter NO complaints and the HF tig NO complaints. I use all of them regularly enough to be more than hobby But not enough to be commercial. I leave the wire feed/MIG set up with flux core because I use it mostly out side and Flux core out performs Gas MIG out in the breeze and actually recommended for outside welding. I have learned for my own person to buy individual machines for individual purposes so if one goes out you are not COMPLETELY out. I still have my Oxy/acetylene rig too. got the HF spot welder too. no grumbles about that either. for $200 if the welder lasts a year I'm happy. I call them disposable tools I burn a lot of wire with my projects. grin
[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

Just my 2 cents worth.
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 02:30 AM
Well I bought the 252sti. Has quite the following from what read liked by hobbyist and Instructors most welders...hated by diehard red and blue purists. Bad news is they are back ordered and wont receive it till April. Everlast said it's the most popular machine by far with little to know issues. I have not touched a tig torch in 22 years since I was in vocational school.. only thing wish it had was pulse mig for silicon bronze wire.
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 02:36 AM
I'm still keeping my little Lincoln wire feed and the old Lincoln tombstone and the miller econo stick... so I wont be with out
Posted By: JIM Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 03:26 AM
can never have too many tools
Posted By: Terry Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 04:02 AM
I have a Century 225 amp AC/DC stick welder that I bought at Sears back in 1993. It still burns rods with the best. I haven't been real easy on it either. Only problem I have had is the cooling fan wore out, actually replaced it with a better and quieter one. Down side is it's so quiet you forget it's on. I also have a little Wal-Mart Cambell Hausfield flux core that has done good too. Preheating helps and everything must be clean, clean, clean!
Posted By: GatorS Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 04:36 AM
I watched Chucke2009s video on the welder. Looks very nice.

I currently have a miller dial arc that came out of a high school ag class. It's been used hard but works perfect
A craftsman cheap mig that I haven't really tried out much yet
and the Alpha tig 200.

I recently sold a 1986 Lincoln 250 ac/dc. Hated to do it but the miller seems like it should last.

I hope that one lasts a long time for you
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 05:06 AM
It's a risk for sure... but seem to well thought threw. Look around seemed not to be a rebranding
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 05:11 AM
It's a risk for sure... but seem to well thought threw. Look around seemed not to be a rebranding
Posted By: JIM Re: Everlast welders - 02/20/2019 01:01 PM
I like the idea of a unit that saves space but I'm both chicken and lazy though. chicken that if it went down I would be out of business for a while. lazy in the fact that I don't like having to change setups. requires a lot of preplanning to do a job with minimal reconfiguring. I personally do too much stuff on a whim and am far too unorganized and undisciplined. But that's just me.. Most people are more disciplined and are fine with it.

Looks like a great machine And the reviews are good. I think you will be happy with it. I probably would be happy with it if I wasn't so lazy smirk
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/02/2019 01:29 PM
I'm sure I mentioned it in the post somewhere, but the welder was backordered till the beginning of April sometime. So I call yesterday, just to see all is on track yet an d the gal said it should ship Friday. So with any luck next week quite possibly maybe....
Posted By: sonny Re: Everlast welders - 04/02/2019 03:42 PM
The wait is the real killer!!! lol!!! Hope it works good for you.
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/04/2019 05:59 PM
The struggle is real! I hope is too. It should be good. They seem to be trying hard to compete with popular names...time will tell.
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/11/2019 06:19 PM
Great news welder is here gonna un box it shortly.....bad news I'm in a wind ice storm and I'm without power for next 36 to 48 hours... genset is cranking with sump pump and wood stove plugged in along with a crock pot
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/12/2019 10:17 PM
This thing is majestic....never had such ease welding... it's a huge leap from the tombstone Lincoln.... absolutely whisper quiet while welding...my first arc today... run out of gas;what a pisser
Posted By: sonny Re: Everlast welders - 04/13/2019 12:24 AM
Ya got it going?---Good deal! Glad you like it! --I take it your power came back on?---OR are you running it off the generator??
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/13/2019 03:54 AM
We gotten power back. Have few people staying, they have no power yet. My little generator is being passed around. But yes happy so far, nice to work with. Dont have a welding project or nothing broken yet. It's very responsive? For lack of better words. Fine adjustment to put 'it' right where you what it. I would like to get a friend that welds for living try it. Very smooth and very quiet. No buzz of a transformer
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/13/2019 04:03 AM
Its Impressive...like going from a half ton pickup to a one ton diesel
Posted By: sonny Re: Everlast welders - 04/13/2019 01:54 PM
I shouldn't say this, BUT in my case I went from a half ton pickup to a one ton diesel (97 f-350) and it was the biggest mistake of my life!! --- still cant get it started, sat all winter, now nuttin'!! LOL!!! sorry Nick, I couldn't resist saying that!! ---- Sounds like the welder is a great machine!
Posted By: Fshook Re: Everlast welders - 04/14/2019 01:01 AM
I made a post then deleted it, went back to investigate further what this actually would do. Your going to like the capability of these new gen welders. They stick weld like a dream to.
Shop bought a miller inverter that could clip on your belt, the gas hoses/ power cord are the biggest hinderance. I was really not to sure of it until I had to get it a conference room to weld a door. It is110v and the other machines are 220v there was no place to get power but the little miller would run off 15amp outlet. It was wisper quiet. The arc was easy to start snd no noticable ripple at all
I think your going to be happy
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/18/2019 02:52 AM
Sonny I know the feeling I've got a f350 diesel too...lol...but never owned a half ton....I've not headed into a project yet but done some small repairs here and there learning the machine its really nice. Just got some tungsten in the mail day ago or so...need to pickup my argon bottle some time for the tig portion. As it seams right now is you can leave all functions hooked up just chose buy pushing a button. But this runs very smooth. It can run 110volt too but it it derated but not bad
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 04/18/2019 03:29 PM
I have some scrap to haul in think I'll get the tig water cooler too
Posted By: sonny Re: Everlast welders - 04/18/2019 03:39 PM
If you can leave it set and just choose function, that would be super nice!
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 01/28/2021 08:45 PM
Hello I'm back...welder has been working great had it for two yrs? Now...bought plasma cutter too from these people to...I'm still no good at tig not steady enough but really never took the time to practice
Posted By: sonny Re: Everlast welders - 01/28/2021 10:13 PM
Never got to do any tig stuff ---- only got to try one for 5 mins. back in high school, (May 1964) and never had one in my hands since ---- they let me try luni with it and I think they might be great for that.
Practice is probably needed too! --- once you get the feel of them you can roll with the flow!
Not sure I could justify the cost of them ----- do have a lot of luni stuff I could fix if I had one! lol!
Posted By: Nnaatz Re: Everlast welders - 01/29/2021 01:08 AM
The welding cart I had made...holds the two cylinders. Put large air tires on it so it can be easily pulled out to the driveway

Attached picture Resizer_16118823489520.jpg
© Machine Builders Network