Machine Builders Network+
Posted By: sonny Century Wire welder - 02/25/2019 12:14 AM
[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]
This is the wire welder that I have been using. I run flux core wire, as I don't want to mess with more tanks/regs. My fav. is my old Lincolin 225 ac unit! Bought it new early 70's from TSC for $84.+ tax. Have used it hard!
Hope this wire unit keeps on running. Kinda hard for me to get used to it but bout got it down now. I can make decent welds with it, not worth a hoot on thin stuff! thanks; sonny
Posted By: JIM Re: Century Wire welder - 02/25/2019 12:26 AM
Thin stuff is a tricky game Do bump shots.. Short bursts that way the metal doesn't blow away.. Works good for filling in holes on exhaust systems. That's usually thin from RUST but I fixed a lot of leaks that way.
Posted By: sonny Re: Century Wire welder - 02/25/2019 01:14 AM
I have to practice a lot with it yet, love to cut and weld, just wish I had more time to do it! I think if I get the wire right and heat/feed speed set, I might be able to make it work. I grind the weld area before I try to weld, they told me I would learn this fact the hard way! ( love it when people are right!) Anyway the clean surface welds great! Stick welder, I just got the arc and went!---Not with wire! lol!!
Posted By: GatorS Re: Century Wire welder - 02/25/2019 04:20 AM
I got a mig that I haven't even tried yet....too many hobbies not enough time
© Machine Builders Network