Machine Builders Network+
Posted By: JIM Bucket truck - 06/22/2019 01:22 PM
MY old bucket truck sprung a Hyd leak. looks like I'll be working on that today. Need the truck for work.
Posted By: sonny Re: Bucket truck - 06/22/2019 02:13 PM
Always wanted a bucket truck, but kinda got scared out after seeing what can happen when up in them. ----still a handy unit to have and sometimes it's the only thing that will do the job.
Make sure all of your hyd's. are in excellent condition.
Posted By: JIM Re: Bucket truck - 06/22/2019 11:31 PM
It's a classic 86 Chevy custom Delux carborated starts without fail ……………. NO DAMN COMPUTER
Posted By: sonny Re: Bucket truck - 06/23/2019 01:34 PM
one of the guys that I worked for way back when, bought an old non-running big bucket truck and cut the cab and front frame off, made a heavy hitch on it and pull it around between their farms, ( they have many) with a tractor. ---They have used this thing for 40 years this way.
They do maintain it with care and use it all the time.
The older trucks are still the better choice for being reliable. ---Problem here is that they want everything over 10 years old off the road! ---Actually after 5 years they put pressure on to start getting them off the road! ----We can't afford anything that new so it becomes a fight to keep our old ones on the road.
Posted By: JIM Re: Bucket truck - 06/23/2019 01:55 PM
Don't seem to have that problem here. As long as it passes inspection which I have no problem making it do. Just ordered the replacement hoses that are leaking from discount hydraulic hose. Custom-made to length with non-conductive hose.
© Machine Builders Network