Machine Builders Network+
Posted By: Doc Wiring Harness Lacing - 05/26/2019 09:54 AM
Looking for a way to clean up rats nest wiring on your projects? Well, there is a long time proven technique used in military equipment which will work as well on DIY projects as it does on high priced military equipment.

It is called harness lacing. Here is how to do it: Cable Lacing How To.

And here is where you can get a roll of lacing: Nylon Lacing Cord

But there is an even cheaper source for small, sturdy lacing cord....
WAXED DENTAL FLOSS,! The perfect lacing cord for small bumdles of wiring, such as inside dashboards.

Easy to learn and makes any project not only look better but imptoves reliability.

Give it a try.
Doc
Posted By: bunkclimber Re: Wiring Harness Lacing - 08/17/2019 10:12 PM
man Doc you are sure showing your age.The only time I see the old harness lacing anymore is on old military equipment we are scrapping..I do a lot of harness work and most of it is in the corrugated black PVC split wire loom, or open bundles, sometimes taped the length with cloth+tar friction tape..nylon wire ties are usually the route I go as I build up a harness, generally add a few wires here and there as I build one up...a lot of times we don't have drawings or prints and have to wing it.The small wire ties are easy to cut off as we build up a harness..but the lacing is definitely a lost art..thanks for jogging the memorybank.
© Machine Builders Network