Machine Builders Network+
Posted By: sonny Garden tractor - 02/17/2019 11:01 PM
I made, and used this unit many years ago and all of the parts were cut with the torch and welded together with stick welder. I cut the rear end with the torch, ( I was told that you can't do it that way) then cut 10" from each side and welded it all back together and it has pulled some heavy diggers without breaking anything. I still have it today, but it needs to be gone thru and cleaned up again. There are a few things I wanted to change.

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]
sonny
Posted By: JIM Re: Garden tractor - 02/19/2019 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by sonny
I made, and used this unit many years ago and all of the parts were cut with the torch and welded together with stick welder. I cut the rear end with the torch, ( I was told that you can't do it that way) then cut 10" from each side and welded it all back together and it has pulled some heavy diggers without breaking anything. I still have it today, but it needs to be gone thru and cleaned up again. There are a few things I wanted to change.

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]
sonny

I LOVE to do things I'm told I can't. makes it more meaningful. I need to find the picture of the one I built 25 years ago. had a chevette engine and transmission and a Toyota rear end. 3.75:1 reduction from the tranny output to diff via chain & sprockets to get it to move slow enough to do some work. Half a 300 gal fuel oil drum served as the main body of the bucket. The other half served as a very large parts cleaner sink.. I wish I had a digital camera back then... so many things I didn't get any pictures of.
© Machine Builders Network