Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
JIM Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
New toy catalog arrived today....
[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Havent got one yet,---but did get one from Northern!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? EPA sets off 11 derailed tank cars full of propane, biodiesel and amonium nitrate fertilizer at 9:30 PM MDT and NOBODY GOT ANY VIDEO? Really? Man Hollywood would have paid for the damn cleanup! Give me a break...government morons!
Doc

Warning: Reading is addictive and may serve as a "gateway" drug to the unregulated accumulation of knowledge!
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
not sleeping very well,Doc? 11 big tank cars of petroleum derivitives...it was justa little bump in the night. Right now the Final Four is more important than anything..its all about the buzz..But now you can't buy paint stripper at the hardware store anymore,it might harm you..go EPA! I thought Trump was gonna abolish it?

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
The epa has destroyed more peoples lives and legit businesses than the wars did. I wish they were gone, but that will never happen. It was a stupid thing to have ever been allowed to start up!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
Well, I stand partially corrected. Fox finally put up a few seconds of video shot from obviously many miles away. Considering hpw impressive it could have been captured rather a let down.

BIG BLEVE Explosion from train derailment.
Doc

Warning: Reading is addictive and may serve as a "gateway" drug to the unregulated accumulation of knowledge!
JIM Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Give it time. Some smart-ass somewheres got that on video and he'll post it eventually.

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
Just click the link Jim. Just not near as impressive as it could have been.
Doc

JIM Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
I did I still bet somebody somewhere has a much better video. might just take some time for it to surface.

Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
This MIGHT be more impressive but I can't view it, not being a Facebook member (and not about to become one just to view a video.)
Juab county Sheriff video of BLEVE

Facebook just pisses me off. Have from the start.
Doc

JIM Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Same video
Or at least it appears to be from what I can tell on my phone

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
There is a video on you-tube that is a different one!

https://youtu.be/r2qcwfIWfNw

This should be the link. --- looks like several more on there. To find it go to you-tube and type in train derailment in Utah, and they come up as new videos! ---Just found them.

Last edited by sonny; 04/03/2019 12:25 PM.

JIM Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Yeah that's definitely a different video

Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
Apocalypse Where? Another Looming Digital Disaster.
This is getting silly. As if Y2K didn't teach anything to engineers. Now we've got another full digital counter rollover event which is predicted to occur
Saturday April 6th 2019.... uh like NOW.
This one on the GPS navigation system.

So what will happen? Probably nothing. Happened before already. But last time was in 1999... when there were very few GPS receivers around. Now they are everywhere. How each unit will handle the 11111111111111111 to 00000000000000000 rollover will vary from receiver to receiver, depending on software. Damn silly engineers!
Doc
Hackaday article

OMG my tablet clock is off by 1.6 seconds!

TIME.IS
I could really give a 😨 timewise. But applied to navigation that could be 0.463 miles or 2,444.444 feet. Again no biggie if you're walking.... but potentially embarassing for an autopilot.....

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Our Garmin gps is off by a quarter of a mile every day!---We went to Ia. a few years ago and the thing went nuts, got us lost and we now just use it to see how far off it is !! ---NOT something you want to depend on! --- Put any address on this road in gps units and all of them send you here to our house,--NOT to the numbers that people put in! --- Have had some upset people stopping in only to find out its the wrong place!

JIM Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Have unlimited data plan on our phones so we use the WAZE app. has real time traffic updates and will rout you around heavy traffic.. also displays the posted speed limit your speed and any reported construction, police stuff like that.

Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
Certainly a different world....

I was working on a schematic using "QuickCopper" on my Android tablet when I noticed a problem. I had wrong part number on a transistor. Guy who designed circuit in schematic lives in Salt Lake and doesn't have a phone at moment. But he's friends with another I'm best buds with. So... attach original and new schematic to email message to best bud and request he ckeck with designer over correct part next time he sees him....

I get back message he is in FL, but will check when he gets back.
Suddenly hits me that I sent two schematics and a message nearly 3,000 miles in under a minute.... and it's no big deal.

Yup, certainly a different world.
Doc

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Ya, AND just think what a field day third world terrorists are going to have when the take over our country!-- Electronics, communications, etc. all will be in their control! --- Sad too that we came so far with the hi-tech. stuff and now they just walk in an take over! ---- just my opinion, but that's what I see shaping up right now!

In todays world we rely too much on hi-speed communications , ( it's became a part of our lives), and when it's taken over by them, we will be screwed!

Doc Offline
MBN member
MBN member
Rscipe corner....
Low fat pan shepards pie.

In large deep frying pan with lid

mince two cloves garlic and one small onion
saute garlic and half onion in splash olive oil.
add two pounds ground turkey, remainder of onion, a pinch of sage, 1/4 teaspoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon cummin. cook mix, stiring until fully cooked. Add drained can sliced or diced carrots and stir. Top with one pound package frozen broccoli florettes.

Thouroughly Mix three cups flour, 3 table spoons shortening or olive oil, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3 teaspoons baking powder. Add liquid from carrots and just enough water to make wet sticky dough.

Spread dough mix atop mix in pan. reduce heat to lowest and cover pan.
(Sprinkle top with parsley flakes and paprika for color)

Cooking time will vary with total moisture, but by average around 40 minutes. Meal is ready when knife or toothpick comes out clean when poked in top biscuit mix.

Variations: vegetables of choice, grated cheese of choice. Works well with parmisan, asiago, gouda etc. Some like adding creme of mushroom soup or subbing mashed potatoes for biscut mix.

This is a variation of a dish my mother used to make using hamburger.... which was certainly NOT low fat.

The biscuit topping is a wetter version of cowboy biscuits she learned from mother in law in the 1940s. Basic rule: to each cup of flour add 1 tab sugar, 1 tab shortening, 1/2 t salt and 1 t baking powder. ~1/2 cup water. Cut shortening into flour, add sugar, salt and baking powder. Add wster while mixing to make sticky drop biscuits. Preheat oven to 375f. Oil còoking sheet and drop 3-4 tablespoon lumps of dough on sheet. Bske 30-35 minutes until peaks brown. Kids love them in winter with hot chocolate.

Yeah, I know I'm a barbarian....
Doc

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
yeah Doc that's called Hobo Stew,you can make it right on the grill or ontop a rock in a campfire,no pot required...just with two layers of HD aluminum foil and some sausage and cabbage

S
MBN member
MBN member
S
I'm BACCCCCKKKKK. Just couldn't live without you old codgers. I have tried to reach out to ole Bobodo over the years but I think he just fell in to lust. He was a character. Remember that picture of him NECKID in that cowboy hat, playing a banjo, whilst sitting astride that Allis Chalmers? lol

You might make me do it, but you can't make me like it.
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I remember just like it was yesterday!!! LOL! Ya, sure wish we could find him again!

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
some things CAN'T be un-seen

2 members like this: Stan Bennett, sonny
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
What odd jobs did you do today?
by bunkclimber - 03/27/2024 11:56 AM
Member check in.
by sonny - 02/29/2024 12:10 PM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box