Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by Kevin Werner
Easiest way to find a lost tool is to buy a replacement. The original will show up just as soon as the replacement is no longer returnable!

BINGO

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
MBN enthusiast
MBN enthusiast
Old as Dirt, I moved your post over to a new topic, (Induction heaters, in general discussion)

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.
K
MBN member
OP Offline
MBN member
K
Another day of farting around with this thing.... I had the second divider/splitter in place which reduced the input to the travel and steering to approx. 5 gpm. Travel became so slow that if I were to drive it down to the end of my street, any toddler that lived there when I started would be a college graduate by the time I got there. I can see down to the end of my street! Out came the second divider/splitter. Steering is okay; there are restrictors in the elbows fittings coming out of the valve. Travel is okay speed wise, but getting started is nuts...it wants to hop like a bunny when I try to get started gently. It acts like a dragster with a poorly designed rear suspension....right before it blows up. If I just jam it all the way, it acts fine There is no fine or less than full speed throttle. The valve is getting approx. 10 gpm as is the loader control valve, which is now the New Prince valve. I would like to be more precise, but it can be feathered, and I can live with that.....I have to go measure for some new hose to replace the ones that are cracked.
Good day to you all!

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
O.k,--- the "bunny hop" MIGHT be a natural thingy! ---- an example of that would be my Sunstar 20 garden tractors! --- they are a bit hoppy too and they were factory built. --- I think a bit of hop is natural in most but not all hydraulic drives. --- all of the ones I have ever been around run that way.
I have a couple lawnmowers that are really jumpy. one is an old craftsman and one is a yardman (MTD company) both 16hp Kohlers on them and have hydro units made in Indiana under them.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
MBN enthusiast
MBN enthusiast
Here is the motor valve that I have in my loader. It will feather the flow perfectly, absolutely no jumping. I can easily move the loader 1/2" at a time in low gear. I have 22 gpm to my drive circuit at 1800 rpm. I did add the center return kit to that valve to make the handle return to center. One difference is that I an only turning one hydraulic motor, your circuit is a lot more complicated.
What valve are you using for the motor feed?

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...Motor-Valve-w-Flow-Control-9-7497-30.axd

It could be the hokey way cattrac ties all the wheel motors together. I can see if one motor was getting all the flow, it would pull, then the others might try to turn and that might feel like surging. Would be interesting to hook up one motor to the drive and see if the jumping goes away.

If the valve you are using isn't a motor valve it could cause this also. A motor valve allows flow to pass when you return the valve to neutral. This would allow the machine to roll while the handle is in the center. If you had a valve made for the loader in the drive, it would shut the flow off completely when returned to center. This would immediately lock the wheels up, also if you tried to push it forward then stop, the jerking would make you move the handle back and forth making it worse.

Last edited by GatorS; 03/11/2021 01:42 PM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
yes Gator I had that valve on my loader but broke it I was so pissed even with replacement parts from Brand It couldnt be fixed..went back to a STD cylinder valve for my motor..hard to operate if you dont feather it...so want to get another but at 431 bux its gonna haveta wait, I think when I bought it the first time it was around $350..anyway maybe if Kevin were to jack the Cadtrak up and run it a bit in drive fow/rev it might clear up? even if it would self-purge,maybe some air in the system between motors? just an idea

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Yeah it sounds like air but that should have purged out by now. Maybe not.
try making the handle longer. that way you will have finer control. the longer the handle the further you have to move it to shift the spool. simpler fix for now . Just another thought.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
K
MBN member
OP Offline
MBN member
K
Haven't done much lately except putting the flow restrictors in the travel and direction valve. I only had 2 and need to make up 2 more. I've been kind of busy with appointments. Dentist pulled a tooth (only 1 wisdom tooth left! no wonder I feel so stupid lately) Neurologist prescribed a new med, a dud I might add. Bad side effects. And a new cardiologist who also prescribed 2 new meds for the heart, and diagnosed or suggested a diagnosis that I have managed to damage the part of my brain that controls swallowing and a bunch of other stuff. Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins or UPMC. Any one here have experience with any of them re neurological problems??? Oh yeah, and the Coupe de Gras...wife's car will not pass inspection as it is too rusted in both the rear suspension cradle and the rocker panels on both sides. Dumped a cup of coffee on 3 month old lap top and now can't get in to new laptop as the simple password I chose has been deleted from my (damaged) brain!

I did get what I need to make the 2 more flow restrictors. I will let you all know that works out. Jim, the longer handle idea may save this mess yet!

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
yeah Kevin-Wisdom teeth are a bitch no matter what age you are..anyway I had a brain tumor back in '95 took out a golfball lump in the back L quad,Im Ok still gettin er done..I was young back then and healed fast..one thing I have noticed is my short term memory sometimes gets the best of me,I write things down to remember them,then I lose the friggen paper i made the notes on..maybe thats middle age comin on..no meds prescribed as I wouldnt take em anyway, Im off everything no drugs at all-(sometimes the Wild Turkey gets me tho) and feel great..Instead of getting it done in two days now some things take a week or so,but I have wisened up as to maybe look at things a bit harder now before I act,with materials getting more expensive every day(just spent $12 for two 2x4's) I find a bit of sitting down and studying things first goes a long way..I have good days and bad days,sometimes I get the 'drops'-just cant hold onto anything..I attribute that to many hours holding and using a 4.5"angle grinder-nerve issues in my hands..eye to hand to hand coordination is OK,no issues with eating or anything like you mention.I'd try to stay off meds as much as possible,the docs will prescribe all kinda stuff..ruby grapefruit and sunshine does it for me..nice weekend comin up here I plan to get outside for some fresh air..much needed

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
What odd jobs did you do today?
by bunkclimber - 03/27/2024 11:56 AM
Member check in.
by sonny - 02/29/2024 12:10 PM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box