Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
made a light fixture to get more light on the car so I can see what I'm painting.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
started putting the new tank together for my wood splitter. Thought I had two pieces of plate but only had enough to make one end.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
cutt logs on the sawmill all day. got a lot done.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Another day cutting logs on the sawmill again today. -- Gotta change blades or sharpen this one before I cut again,---it stayed sharp way longer than normal for some reason this session.
Took the starter off the Echo 650 and trying to figure out how to make the dogs OR fix the worn ones since there are none left on planet earth that I can find!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Sanded on the MG a little bit today. Hope to spray some more purple tomorrow.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Day 3 on the sawmill,----- got rained out about 5:30 pm.
also got the starter cover off one of the evl 650's, ---- trying to figure out how to make starter dogs for them.
Still cant get cross bolt out of the ranger.
put cut lumber in the sheds before rain came. getting cold,--high winds, not lookin good for the next few days here!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Squirted some purple last night.
then turned the car around so the light wall is on the other side. I hope to get the Passenger side sprayed tonight.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Put the hood on and sprayed the trunk lid.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Lookin better all the time! -- That is a wild color for sure! I LOVE it!!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I need to get the doors done & back on the car. then I can shoot the clear coat & start the easy part. Putting the seats & stuff back in. I hope to get it done by the end of March.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
movin right along on it! ---- it will be great when you get it done!!

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Rain/hail here all night, -- still light rain. About done with the log pile so gotta go get another load then cut more trees down.
cleaning and sharpening chainsaws to get them ready for the next round of cutting.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Well after I welded the one end on the square tube for the splitter tank, I realized that I hadn't put any baffles in. I made an internal return to take the fluid to the other end of the tank. hopefully that will suffice. Still working on getting the axles attached. got to do some good clean up on them so I can weld them to the bottom of the tank. that needs to be done before I can locate the pump suction strainer. want to have it as close to the end as possible to maximize oil rotation for optimal cooling. I'm probably over thinking it as usual considering the fact that the original tank was an old freon bottle.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
put the left door on.

and sprayed the back of the right door.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
startin to look like a car again!
Yesterday I had to go get a trailer load of stuff from a friend. He was cleaning out his dads sheds so they can sell the place and found some odds and ends he wanted me to have.
Got a TB Horse tiller with snow blade and some furrower attachments with it, and old roof weed mower, ac 7' sickle mower for wc, wd, wd-45 tractor and a belt pulley for one along with a Mustang riding mower!

In one shed I found some "homemade" air planes! 4 of them! -- plus 3 more not finished! --His dad made them and actually flew them!
One had a Rotax motor on it and the "hot" one had half of a vw motor on it! I heard of guys cutting vw motors in half before but never saw one.
Dont know what they will do with the planes, but they sure are neat!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
There's a crap load of collectors out there that would love to get ahold of those things.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Got the bolt out of the ranger rear end, --- drove a 5/16" 6 sided impact socket over the rounded off head and used small pipe wrench on that to turn it.---got lucky this time.
Got the key panel mounted and working on the 1835 loader.
did a little on the 340 to get ready for the big tiller and put more boards in the shed out of the weather.
sounds like we could get 5" of damn snow Friday! -- hope they are wrong!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
SNOW that's a 4 letter word Sonny. shame on you. laugh

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Not been getting much done on the car. Put the cruiser up for sale. Don't get to use it much and I went & got a convertible on a whim, so the boss lady said I had to get rid of one of my toys. I'll miss it but I really don't use it enough to Keep it. I will use the car a lot more than the boat. we use the pontoon boat all summer so I'm not out completely.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com], on Flickr

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Originally Posted by sonny
5" of damn snow Friday!

Sonny check out Donner Pass in California, they have about 10ft of snow, yes I said about 10ft of snow..no place to plow it to,
houses buried under it LITERALLY..roads are basically tunnels thru the snow.
couple of recent videos on youtube, "Donner Pass snow chaos" -snowblowers even running out of places to shoot the snow to..unbelievable

"Almost 12 feet of snow has piled up at Donner Pass in California's Sierra Nevada mountains in the past seven days." they just got 48"more in the last 48hrs.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I survived the Blizzard of 77 western NY. we were delivering milk to people for free on snowmobiles. trucks couldn't get to the farms to get it. lot of milk got dumped. cows still hade to be milked.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Ya I seen that report, ---that has always been a mean pass since before it was built! We only getting rain and damn wind here right now, --- 45+ mph.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Wind & rain Here. Put a backup camera in the convertible and an interface so the steering wheel controls will work the aftermarket radio that's in there. It's also the monitor for the backup camera.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Originally Posted by JIM
I survived the Blizzard of 77 western NY.

yep I remember the 77 blizzard here in MD we got like 2-3ft snow, it was wet snow and single axle dump plow trucks struggled with it..the local state roads crew had a few mid-size Allis-Chalmers wheel loaders running nonstop shifts digging the snow and trucks out of the ditches..all that snow in Californie-Donner Pass looks to be a real problem..just wait for the melt and runoff in the spring..next catastrophe will be the flooding from it all..the Cali gov Newsome will probably take off on vacation during that too

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Yeah but they need the water hahaha

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
just wait that'l be the next Cali crisis..

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
When 50 feet of snow melts, --- its gonna hurt! lol! MAJOR flooding, mud slides and washed out roads!
People are whining about being snowed in up in the hills,------ well WHY in the hell did they build up there??? Stupid people!
Cali will raise the taxes on other states to get money in the end since they rule the world! Between them and Chicago, we are screwed!

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Its beautiful up in the Sierra mountains, Mt.Shasta and into southern Oregon..might be nice to visit and spend a week relaxing but I wouldnt want to live there..Portland started the whole downward slide,Seattle followed soon after and now San Fran is going down too..just watch the unfiltered street videos online of it.. unbelieveable how our country is going down so fast on the west coast..and now Asheville,NC!

So for my odd jobs today I cleaned out the shop fridge..old beer, can't drink it all myself..old frozen food in the freezer-eeeek

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Had to order a bearing puller for sis's ranger axle. --Did get a few more blocks laid for one of my big water tanks to sit on. checks out fairly level ,-----for now! Tall upright 2,500 gallon tank needs to be fairly level to work right.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
still trying to get that last door for the MG right. these things are cheap & great. makes it so much easier to pour without drips every where.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Think I fixed the rear window on the Solara. the part I circled was totally separated from the fabric. I used Shoe Goo. that stuff is awesome.
even got the fabric on the inside stuck back together.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I also had to solder that connector for the defrost strip back together because I snapped it off when I put the weight on the window to hold it together while the glue set.
The replacement rain trough came today But I'm still waiting on the stainless staples to come so I can put the roof back together.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Put the doors back on the MG.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Got the top put all back together. Got to put all the trim back on in the interior panels and the back seat. When I get done with that I'll do the timing belt, it arrived today

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
got the big water tank up on blocks today now to do the little one.

also got the bearing pullers in the mail today.

Attached Images
DSCN1477.jpg (34.11 KB, 14 downloads)
DSCN1478.jpg (25.8 KB, 14 downloads)
DSCN1479.jpg (39.93 KB, 14 downloads)
DSCN1480.jpg (36.12 KB, 14 downloads)
Last edited by sonny; 03/10/2023 07:05 PM.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
"rear alex bearing service kit??"

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Yup! for sis's 97 Ford ranger. Now I gotta make a slide hammer of sorts to go with it.
wont be hard to make one,-- I have a couple 3 pieces that should make a crude one and save a lot of money.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
I didnt know those Ford Rangers came with rear 'alex' installed..check the label on the red plastic box Sonny wink

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Chinese spelling for AXLE.

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  JIM, sonny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
2024 gardens
by sonny - 04/11/2024 10:55 AM
What odd jobs did you do today?
by sonny - 04/04/2024 11:14 AM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box