Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
GatorS Offline OP
MBN enthusiast
OP Offline
MBN enthusiast
I have a 6 x 10 tilt trailer that ive had for 15 or so years. Last year while hauling a mower I parked and unloaded the mower. I tilted the bed and unloaded. When I tried to push it back down the tongue broke off and hit the ground.

That was in February of 18.

A couple weeks I finally got around to working on it. It always pulled terrible being a tilt bed. I decided to lengthen it and weld everything solid. Also in store is to install the LED light and weld on light box kit I bought for it 5 years ago, and a paint job.

I am also testing the site to see if I can make pics work.

[Linked Image from i610.photobucket.com]

Last edited by GatorS; 01/17/2019 11:57 PM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.
GatorS Offline OP
MBN enthusiast
OP Offline
MBN enthusiast
I extended the trailer by 3 ft in front of the axle then welded it everywhere possible.

Done needs new tires now.

Last edited by GatorS; 01/18/2019 12:17 AM.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Looking good. I didn't think to take very many pictures of my trailer project. I still need to submit the paper work for getting a homebuilt VIN

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
T
MBN member
MBN member
T
Nice work, Gator! I wish my shop looked that nice! In August of '17 I was in Tennessee picking up a project when my son calls and says a huge tree has crushed three of my dry storage sheds. Got back home and started to remove the tree and a few weeks later same son gets his 5 kids taken away by DSS. I spent the next year getting them away from DSS. I had (we) custody for almost a year. Why is this relevant you ask? The money I had saved for a new metal 40' X 60' went to F*^#%g lawyers and renovations. We went through 4 months of DSS saying that if we were going to get the kids we had to do this, fix that, something new every inspection. Grrrrrr! Kids are back home now, the tree is still on the sheds and the salvageable stuff is in the shop. Can't cuss a cat in there without getting hair in my mouth! Anyway, nice trailer! It looks almost identical to mine...…:)

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Looks a lot like the one that I borrowed from my neighbor to take the quads to Busco beach and got rear ended totaled the trailer
[Linked Image from farm2.staticflickr.com]

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Insurance gave my neighbor $2,400. Got a new piece of 3x4 1/4" tube for the tong. a length of 2 x 2 x 1/4 angle and some new wood & paint.. and BEER

[Linked Image from farm5.staticflickr.com]

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I might add that I'm STILL working on the damage to my antique motor home.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Made progress on my trailer yesterday...[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com][Linked Image from farm5.staticflickr.com]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7884/46954651002_7943bfac76_z_d.jpg[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com][Linked Image from farm5.staticflickr.com][Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

got the Vin plate verified today NOW I register it.

GatorS Offline OP
MBN enthusiast
OP Offline
MBN enthusiast
Jim yours looks well put together. I like it.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Love it! nice lights too! Now where to put plate so it don't get drug off! lol!! I ended up putting mine on the fender, not the greatest place but low bed trailers don't have a really good place to put them.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by sonny
Love it! nice lights too! Now where to put plate so it don't get drug off! lol!! I ended up putting mine on the fender, not the greatest place but low bed trailers don't have a really good place to put them.

I'm going to put it on the left fender. I was able to get a small trailer plate it's about the size of a motorcycle plate so it'll fit perfect.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Still have to finish wiring the marker lights and the plate light. Too cold today for my fingers to work with the little wires.

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Looks great on the fender! Wish we had small ones in IL. Mine hangs over on both ends. So far haven't knocked it off. My 2 single axle trailers have them on the gate, no light, but we don't pull them that much at night. thanks; sonny

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by sonny
Looks great on the fender! Wish we had small ones in IL. Mine hangs over on both ends. So far haven't knocked it off. My 2 single axle trailers have them on the gate, no light, but we don't pull them that much at night. thanks; sonny

6x8 utility I built has the plate on the gate...no place else to put it. full size plate on that one because I registered it before they came out with the small plate.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
[align:center][/align][b][/b]This is my little utility trailer. She needs a good cleaning and some paint. I use this one to pick up and deliver equipment. I even transport the minihoe in it.
Harbor freight winch with remote. great for loading heavy stuff.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I like it! That's a nice set-up! These smaller trailers are a lifesaver when you need them. I always liked the single axle jobber's because they work great on the Explorer and 150 pick-up. Don't even know they are back there and you can haul some impressive loads in them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
What odd jobs did you do today?
by bunkclimber - 03/27/2024 11:56 AM
Member check in.
by sonny - 02/29/2024 12:10 PM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box