Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Sprayed purple today. Tomorrow I'll sand some more.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

AND THIS IS WHY I HAVE TO SAND IT OFF....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

When I squeezed the trigger on the gun ( one I haven't used yet) it shot a solid stream of paint... OH shit Right? Adjust the gun and spray on wait for it to dry and start sanding..

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I'll RE-Spray it next week. Need to do some work on the doors & hoods.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I used to paint everything in sight,- but now I never paint anything! Would like to but cost of paint and lack of time keeps me from doing it!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Well this car is for the wifey so it needs to be pretty so I'm painting it

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
using a 3"exhaust pipe expander, I broke the forcing nut that expands the fingers into the pipe to expand it..cheap Chinese construction to a degree..the lead screw bolt is hardened but the forcing nut isnt..it's a bigger hex than a normal 1/2"-20 fine thread so in keeping with MBN style Im gonna have to make one so it holds up to the abuse(use)

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
had the same issue with my gimble bearing puller for the boat. I cheated & ordered the replacement stuff from McMaster Carr

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Got the Pex pulled from the shop up to the Box by the RV. now I have to figure out how to get it the rest of the way. Probably going to have to cut the concrete.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Finished the Pex pipe pull to the house. Turned out that there was just enough room in the conduit with the wire. Just waiting for my neighbor to bring my Pex cutter back. I'll be able to bring it through the wall right there with the air & electric. One thing about the compressor being 100+ feet away up in the house garage is, the air has No moisture in it by the time it comes out this end. It condenses in the line before it gets here. I blow it down every other day to keep it from building up.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
finally got tired of replacing the cheap Chinese pneumatic 10"tires and wheels on both my light handtruck and pressure washer. Got online last week and bought a 4-pack of solid pneumatic tire/wheel combos for them both..never felt so good throwing the old leaking ones in the trash..every year having to disassemble and replace the tubes..what a drill that was. Hopefully this will solve THAT problem..on to the next one!

1 member likes this: JIM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
All done with the water to the shop. even got the water heater hooked up so I no longer have to let my fingers freeze when I wash my hands in the sink.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
looks like you didnt have to cut the concrete after all

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by bunkclimber
looks like you didnt have to cut the concrete after all

Nope & I can't tell you how happy I am about that. Had My granddaughter help me run the pex.. She pushed on one end whiole I pulled on the other. 100' roll & I had about 6' left. worked out great because it got used elsewhere. Tied in to the laundry sink in the garage. still need to insulate the line outside from the ground up to the dryer vent but that's it.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Emptied the original can of purple. Got a whole nother gallon to make this thing look good. But not too shabby now either.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
dont forget you have the doors inside and out and trunk/hood to paint yet..an easy gallon right there..got reducer/activator?

it's kinda funny what our legislators think they are doing when the US state of Maryland bans the sale of xylene, acetone and paint thinner in home stores, yet I can buy all the activated isocyanate based paint and chemicals to paint with in an auto parts store in town. much less I can drive 20minutes across the state line to purchase all the chems or acetone I need to paint with..

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
That 1st gallon went a long way. Painted 3 golf carts and what the car has on it now. Have a whole other kit I got because I knew I used too much doing the golf carts. Bottom side of the hood is already done too.

Those aren't temp ranges I got. that's just what pop up on default.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
going to have to get some great stuff foam for big gaps and put it in the top of the 4" pipe I ran the water line through. It's raining its ass off and there's water seeping into my shop through the pipe. pumped it out with the little Ryobi pump I got for pumping water out of stuff quick out in the fieldbut that will just reduce how much I get it the shop for now

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Got my new used desk in today! It took all day to move shit out then back in,---well SOME of it back in,--a lot of it went out! --- still gotta go thru the papers yet,--most of the passwords I saved/wrote down dont work anymore so they can go in the trash.
sposed to get freezing rain tonight here.

Microsoft did more updates AGAIN in the background and now this thing is w-11 and f****d up as hell! --- gotta hunt for all the functions that were front/center/easy to get and now ya gotta guess how to get to them and instead of 1 click it takes a half dozen!
W-11 hid most everything and its a bitch to find! My resize icons are not only hid but changed the picture you click on to open it. Damn electronic shit!!

Attached Images
DSCN1390.jpg (38.52 KB, 78 downloads)

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
11 is a pain in the ass. Have to hit the damn windows key then hunt to find everything. I pinned ALL my daily stuff to the task bar. I've had it for about a year and I'm still not used to it.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Put the foam in the pipe yesterday. Looks like it's doing the job. looks dry in the shop. Supposed to rain all week, so guess it'll get a real test.
Filled in around where the stuff comes up at the house too. Put some super thick commercial refrigerant pipe insulation on the water line first. I need to box it in to protect it all now.

1 member likes this: sonny
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Took inventory of my paint stuff.. I think I have everything I need to finish the car. also have 2 complete kits for the Harley. That's not purple though.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
This is the color I have for the Harley.. it's chameleon paint. the color is called Psychotic illusions.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Had to pump out the pipe again. guess I need to try sealing it again. I should have sucked the water out of the box with a wet-vac first, now I have to chip the foam back a bit to get to the pipe again. Thats what I get for trying to cheat.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I was worth a try! -- never know til ya try something!
I need to go get perscription filled today an get a few things at the store.-- gotta put the charger on the car first ---- they run the batts. down if they set for 3 days,--neighbors 2016 f-250 does the same thing! Pain in the ass newer shit! newer aint better! LOL!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
well it at least slowed it down for now. pipe still fills up but at least it's not over flowing into the shop.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
got decent yesterday afternoon for a few hours, so I got a bit done in the wood shed. Trying to put in a few plug-ins by the bench.
sharpened another sawmill blade. I try to get all of the use I can out of them.--- as I sharpen them I round out the gullets keeping the original shape of the teeth,---takes extra time but makes blades like new again.
Never had one break YET si I will run and sharpen them til they do break.
Sanded the planer bed off again,--I had heavy coat of auto wax on it to keep rust off when it was in the greenhouse.
Little Reddy 55,000 heater wont stay on now, ---tank also started leaking on the bottom! Pin hole from the looks of it. have to clean and solder it. --- I think the eye is either dirty or worn out causing the thing to go off. ---its a really old heater and never had anything done to it. We used it hard over the years too so its time for repairs. I like its size cause its a lot easier to move around than my 110,000 is.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Both my Reddy heaters are propane now. Got tired of fighting the shit fuel here. that and I started getting sick from the fumes all of a sudden. Propane ain't worth a shit when it's real cold because the 20# cylinders freeze up, so I have to make sure the tank gets some of the heat. I get some funny looks when I set the tank in front of the heater to thaw it out. I don't have to worry about spilling fuel either. One is 35,000 BTU the other is 55,000. 1 tank is good for about 8 hrs

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I considered the propane jobbers --- didnt know how they worked.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
they're great except the cylinder freezing issue. but I just set the cylinder in the front of the heater to keep it from freezing up too much. don't have all the fumes like, diesel & kerosene.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
well it was warm yesterday. mid 50's so I dug some of the foam out of the end of the pipe that the air, water & electric run through out to the shop. Got a wet-vac and washed out all the mud & stuff. sucked all the water out of the pipe end and box, dried it out with the wife's hair dryer and re-foamed it. Got tested last night too. it rained pretty good last night, and I didn't see any sign of water on the shop end this morning, so I think that I got it this time.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
only got 38* here with N West winds at 34mph so still cold and the only chance of rain is on Thursday. highs in the 40's with possible 50 on sunday. The wind is the killer here! Its blowing off the snow/ice they had out in the West/N West of us.
Trying to get another saw running ---- 6 year old Remington outlaw 4620 --- looks like very low hours on it. --- might have ignition module problems,---still checkin.
Now I gotta take an axle shaft out of sis's ranger and put in a different one. For some reason one back wheel wobbles according to the cop that stopped her! Tire shop checked the wheel/tire on the machine and it's square so I guess she bent the axle shaft on the pothole roads we have here now. -- anyway it's a job and a half getting under there.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
got the Remington 4620 running, not sure if the chain oiler works or not.
Put the other 2 tires/wheels on the flat garden wagon, and got 4 electric plug in boxes put up in the wood shed.
Took the gas line off the big generator and got water in the tank for some reason. Took tank off and dumped everything out. -- damn groment in the bottom of the tank fell out! --worn out over the years of vibration and bad gas,----now to find one of them! lol! Had motor on fire trying to start it with the air cleaner off and dumping gas in the carb. It would start/die and the third try it backfired and fire all over! slapped my stocking cap over the carb but no go so grabbed the cats water dish and tossed it on the fire. got it out and course old cap was melted to the top of the carb. Anyway got everything cleaned up and dumped more gas down the carb and got it to run a bit longer so no water got down in the motor.
Might have to just tie a small tank on it and forget about the big one on top.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I just got some for that Generator I put together. Amazon of course

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I found 6 on ebay S'POSED to fit ---- 33/64'th and the CLAIM usa and kinda universal fit but did specify Porter-Cable and others so I went with them.
Kinda figured they would be impossible to get but guess not so this time.

now to find chain grinder wheel for my Belsaw 399 chain grinder! --- always sumpin around here! lol!

Still gotta get something done with the vh4d in the Case 1530 skidloader.---- wavy cylinder needs re-bore but might have to just go with 1 new piston and a ring set for all 4 and call it good for now.
Would have good blocks off a parts vh4d thats stuck, --- undecided on trying to clean it up and use it or not ---- knowing it had been using oil by the gallons when last ran!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I used to have an account with these guys. so I was curious if they were still around.

https://www.foley-belsaw-sharpening.com/

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Lapping-Plates-Flattening-Stones-C111.aspx

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Years ago I bought the 399 chain grinder, 1055 sharp-all, the 12" planer, and the M-14 sawmill from them. I also got the supplies for the grinders and a few attachments for the 1055. still use them today.
Got the rear end cover off a ranger,---problem now is that I cant get the lock bolt out that holds the pinion shaft in. It feels rounded off and looks like somebody was in there before and I s'pose the damn idiots put locktite on the bolt when the put it back together! --- now I got big problems! lol!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Damn.. if Loctite was used you'll need to use heat to get it to let go.. 6pt socket is your best hope at this point.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
6-pt slips too! -- didnt try anything else yet, --- still trying to figure what next! Not a lot of room in there to get a good angle or good bite on it with anything.

Finally found a carb for my Kohler M-8 on one of the Horses, so that will get another one going and the new carb is here for the Tech. hh80 on another Horse.,--- might get several of them going for the garden season! lol!

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Got the Porter Cable (Big Guy) running again today! The bottom tank groumets came and ACTUALLY fit! lol! The gas dont leak anymore so that was the problem.
Cut more logs on the sawmill, short vid. in the sawmill section here on the forums.
Looks like I still have carb problems on the Sthil 041, --- it ran for a couple minutes then died out, --- starts and runs a few rounds at low speed and choke on so looks like the needle is set too low in the new carb. The 290 is doing the same thing so gotta try to reset both of them.
Got a 2.0 Craftsman, (poulan 2000) that has bad recoil and cant get it to hold long enough to actually start it, ---- looks to have spark, so a later project concerning it! lol!

Made another big pan of veggie soup too!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  JIM, sonny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
What odd jobs did you do today?
by bunkclimber - 03/27/2024 11:56 AM
Member check in.
by sonny - 02/29/2024 12:10 PM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box