Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
swapped out the backup camera in the convertible. The one I put in last week had lights on it & they stayed on all the while the ignition was on. this on has no lights.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Washed the boat off seeing how I have it up for sale.

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
heading off to the RB auction again today to inspect..saw a tracked personnel carrier vehicle there..might be an interesting project

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Headin off to pick up auction treasures this morning.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
tracked personnel carrier vehicle is actually a M114 US Army personnel carrier,predecessor to the M113 APC you still see today..originally had a Chevy 283 V8, this one has a 6-cyl 250 in it now,with a clutch and 4-speed..all the armor has been cut off the top,now itsa tracked platform carrier..dunno if I want to pull the trigger on another big endless project right now..but I'm sure the MBN content I'd create would be over the top

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Better grab it!!!
got my auction buys home and stashed. workin on a couple saws. Got a big dead tree cut down at our cemetery and burned today, ----hollow and no value for lumber. --- put the tele up 42" in the top, ----notched bottom then pushed it over,---landed right center of burning pile! Tele didnt break a sweat with it!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
got my CarryAll golf cart into the shop and took a look at the rear axle and suspension,this thing needs a lot of work, rear leaf spring bushings rotted away and gone, one suspension u-bolt broken, shocks leaking and shot..so here we go with another parts order and work to be done..Ill try to get some pics going on here as pics do make for good content regardless

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I have Gabriel hijackers on my golf carts so I can pump them up to carry a load of firewood at the campgrounds.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
my brother is working on 2 Yamaha carts right now, we were talking about cross-fitting one with air shocks..what model # airshock did you use? Mine is a ClubCar DS Carryall, both of my rear shocks were toast, Im waiting on getting the 3" lift kit installed before I measure and fit shocks to it..so far its been two days work to disassemble the rear suspension and clean everything up.Just about every bolt Ive put a wrench to has snapped off..So I am making spring and frame bushings right now until the kit gets here, then I can test assemble everything and check the fit..many adjustments to be made Im sure..great rainy day work..for once I timed that out perfectly..nothing stuck in the mud yet..yet.. I said yet.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
These three wheel Harleys are mono shocks in the back so one set did both carts but I have a set I bought by mistake too short I think. I will dig them out and measure them happy to make a deal for them. They are model 49233 you can go to the Gabriel website and get the specs

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Put a receiver hitch on the convertible. Only class 2 but I only want it for towing the motorcycle trailer any way.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

converted to be towed with the bike But will work for cargo behind the car too.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Now you can barrow my general tri-axle and do some serious haulin!! LOL!
Looks like it should work great for what you need it for! The little trailers are handy and ususlly get used more that the big heavy ones do!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by JIM
These three wheel Harleys are mono shocks in the back so one set did both carts but I have a set I bought by mistake too short I think. I will dig them out and measure them happy to make a deal for them. They are model 49233 you can go to the Gabriel website and get the specs

These are 10-1/2" collapsed 15-5/8" fully extended

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
finally put that new loader valve on the mini hoe. replaced 5 hoses while I was at it. they were original and all the rubber was gone of the ones that feed the loader lift side. was afraid of one blowing out with a load in the bucket.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Ive always had good luck with hoses from Surplus Center..the crimp ends are nice and compact and fit well onto crowded valve bodies where the fittings are closeby to one another. Looks like you were on borrowed time with the hose pictured

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Yeah.. I just ran up to the tractor supply and got what I needed to 2x 36" 2x 60x x3/8 and one 48" x1/2.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Killed a damn Sweetgum tree.
Wood for the fire pit. Still can't climb due to my ankle, But I got a guy to take it down for $200 and I cut it up. Might have him come back again. I got a couple more I'm thinking about taking out. he was happy all I wanted was just drop it and the price was good for me.

1 member likes this: bunkclimber
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Not a bad deal for that! Sis had a guy here just do a couple drops and he wasnt too expensive.
Trying to get the 340 to run so I can finish tillin the garden first time over, --- cant get enough spark thru the points,---filed them and they look clean,---probably internal short. Was tillin last night and ran out of gas,--this mornin it wouldnt start, slapped tester on a plug and nuttin, tried different condenser snd coil, still nuttin!
Then 2 of the horse poo guys stopped by, so I hauled 2 loads home from guy#1 and tomorrow morning go to guy #2 then stop by guy #3 on the way back home and get a couple loads from them.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Dang if you changed everything out it sounds like there's definitely a short somewhere, I had that problem with old Briggs & Stratton way back when they had a phonetic push rod for lack of better term that ran off the cam and activated the points and it had worn so that the points broke but at the wrong time so it wasn't sparking because it screwed the timing up so bad. Once upon A long long time ago I had a chart when I did the Foley Bell saw Small engine thing, that listed different resistance values to verify coils good or bad. I'm sure the info is still on the world wide web somewhere.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
ya, --- test light shows juice all the way to and thru the resistor, coil ant into the points. Got an allis wd-45 and a c doing the very same thing! Got me beat as to WHY no spark on to the plugs! damn junk!!!!!!!!! LOL!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Somewhere around here I've got a device that replace the points and condenser on a small engine. I have to see if I can find it because those things work great. I had ,and I actually think it's the old 11 horse Briggs engine I have on the wood splitter hydraulic pump that I put one on and have never had another problem since. The points lobe on the crankshaft was worn and wouldn't break the points far enough apart.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Finally got the stack put back on the Mini hoe. Pretty much needed to because the exhaust was toasting the hydraulic line on the loader cylinder.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Welded a couple pieces of angle to the splitter so I can move it around with the forklift. Need the splitter NOW and I'm still figuring out the new axle/tank layout, plus I need to come up with some wheels. setting up the hydraulic power plant o be self standing & portable too. Might just leave it like this for a while if it works out.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
That should save the hyd line! ya, NOT good to have all that heat on them.
Wish we lived closer,---you could have the splitter I made 35 years ago when we did firewood as a business. all it needs is a motor.

took a dist. off a running motor and put on the 340 and still nuttin! put it back on the other motor and it runs like always so I dont know what the hell is going on with the 340!

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
bought a 18foot 14KGVW equipment trailer from the last east coast RB Auction, it came with LED lights and isnt in too bad of shape, the deck is oak, not a split or fault in that..just needed paint and a longer electrical whip..it pulled out twice on the way home during turns so I was gonna have to replace the plug anyway..spent yesterday sandblasting one side and throwing some gloss black TSC Majic enamel at it..turned it around and now blasting/painting the other side today out back in front of the barn..with a 5hp IR cast iron type 30 compressor running off a military diesel generator making air all day long just chugging away..but first I have to weld a 1/4"x2" flat bar rub rail down this side before painting it..so for today we have welding, sandblasting, painting, power generation+pneumatics..afterwards need some beer drinking to finish it off in the shade of a non-sweetgum tree

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Finally got the 340 to run again,--went over the rest of the 4.5 acre garden then did the 3 smaller ones.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
got the splitter functional.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
TESTED SAT. engine just idles along. The old 11 horse Briggs is more than enough at just slight above an idle. just enough to let the governor work.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]2023-04-12_08-05-14 by Jim Crandall, on Flickr

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
That will make short work of a log pile! --- looks good!

I finally got the Deere 420 crawler unstuck and running BUT NOW the clutch is stuck or broke ! wont release so you can shift into gear.

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
make it stationary,ground plate mounted, but with two hooks on the back so you can grab it with the forklift..me, Im forklift addicted,saves so much back breaking labor.everything here on a pallet!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I like it this way for sure BUT I need to be able to tow it. I plan on making it convert able so if I need to tow it I can slip in a pin & lay it down on a carriage for towing...

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
reconditioning my old 1969 JD 110 lawn tractor for another year of thrashing,I let the maintenance go last year as I was on travel a lot.
the original deck needs a belt,lube and welding up a small bad spot but is holding up remarkably well for it's age
I modded the cast iron blade spindles years ago with new bearings+grease zerk fittings so now I just pump shot some grease in and go
Kohler K181 8hp is getting tired but still gets it done,i put a new cylinder head on it two years ago because the spark plug hole stripped out..easy fix
So putting another chinese carb on it this year as the last one developed leaking issues that were unresolvable..at $16/ea they are consumable.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I still have the old K321 that came off the mini hoe. It ran fine when I took it off. Wife & I started putting our fire pit together yesterday & Stacked the pile of wood I split.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
LOVE that fancy firepit Jim!! NICE job!!!!
Still have a jd 110 round fender jobber here also have Dads old 112. Never use them, cause I use the Simps. and the cadet Z, IF and when I get a chance to mow anything. I prefer the ih 340 and the woods rm 59 for faster mowing and more hp!

B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
nice firepit Jim..WHERE did you get those chairs from? love the tray table sides!

MBN member
MBN member
I started playing with welders with a Lincoln AC "crackerbox". I had built a cart, sort of like a hand truck, and I had a homemade welder's vise on the top, even with the top of the welder. It made a pretty good table when working on something small.

Fast forward a few years and I now have an inverter welder, wire flux welder, plasma cutter and toolbox on a cart built from an old pressure washer chassis. The old welder and cart were traded to a friend for a favor.

Time to add a vise and work table to the top. First, the frame

Then to add the sliding vise jaw. The center strap of the frame is to reduce the spatter getting on the lead screw. The old vise screw simply went in and out with the jaw, this one moves the jaw along it so the screw would otherwise be exposed. This way you don't have to close the vise to get the screw and handle out of the way when storing it.

From the top. There are two fixed jaws, so you can clamp something at either end of travel. Whichever side you are standing at, turning it clockwise winds the moving jaw towards you.

Coming next, a buttweld alignment jig, paint and attaching it to the cart.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
That is a handy thing to have! Its always hard to hold shit still when welding!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by bunkclimber
nice firepit Jim..WHERE did you get those chairs from? love the tray table sides!
Harbor Freight they're great for around the fire pit & camping

MBN member
MBN member
Got the buttweld jig mounted (one end ended up a little high, so I had to chop off what stuck up beyond the plane of the table). Got some paint slapped on.

Got it mounted on the cart. I have a set of casters kicking around here somewhere, I need to get those mounted so it is more stable.

And this is why I made the top "open" rather than a grid or a sheet of something

A little cruder than I might have liked, that's what I get for using TLAR and GEFWIF production standards...That Looks About Right, and Good Enough For Who It's For.

Last edited by GLyford; 04/18/2023 06:57 PM. Reason: typo
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Looks great! --- I can see where that would be very handy!!!

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  JIM, sonny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
What odd jobs did you do today?
by bunkclimber - 03/27/2024 11:56 AM
Member check in.
by sonny - 02/29/2024 12:10 PM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box