MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
sometimes simplest is the best..looks like it works for you;) nice work

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Pulled the NV3500 out of the truck Broke it down & replaced the rear shaft output bushing & seal. took it for a test drive this morning and I think it's still slinging fluid. Now I suspect that there's a weep hole in the yolk on the Drive shaft. I don't see how else it could be leaking. It actually looks clean around the seal But there's fluid on the underside of the truck right above the front U-joint. Syncromesh stinks when it hits the CAT & burns.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
front yoke worn? pinhole in the end of it?

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Drive shafts only a year old. I had it made. Now that I think about it that's when the leaking actually started so maybe there's a pinhole in the yolk. Have to put it back on the lift and drop the shaft and inspect. Raining now ain't happening today.

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Brush cuttin all week down at sis's! got a few saw logs out of it so far. Gotta fix the truck rear end before I can haul anything with it. Hopefully its just the front seal and not the bearing too.!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
cultivated the onions and cut more brush.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Been doing a little yard work. Fire pit area upgrades...

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
I like the rocks around the firepit..great idea, no mud to step in

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Yep that's exactly why we did it.

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
Rhino Lined the exterior of my golf cart, the colors were mismatched..baby blue front end with a red cab..solvent wiped it down and taped off the windows and tires and had at it..easy to use

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Cut more brush, got a few more smaller logs ready to load as soon as I get truck rear end fixed.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Been keeping busy Working on cleaning up and breathing some needed love into the old shed...
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
going to have to do something with the roof too but I think I'm just going to go with corrugated metal.

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
yep hard to beat the metal roofing for durability and easy up..i always buy the longest roofin screws I can find to use with it..and get extra because they are handy to have around

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I have it as siding here on the house as well as roof! Cant beat it! I see a lot of people around here going to metal roofing.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
wanted to do a metal roof on the house in Florida BUT it would have been almost twice as much. Too many valleys and ridges. would have taken a lot longer to do as well.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Still have to do the roof and trim but She's looking a heck of a lot better.
[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/jim0421/P00XFSP457][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

1 member likes this: sonny
B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
took a preliminary look at the big Doall cut off bandsaw I just got from auction, it was at Anniston,AL defense depot, had a tag on it that read "cuts thinwall tubing fine but stalls out when cutting heavy metal"..upon initial looking the power/control box it was made up for 208V but methinks the drive motor is made up for 380/480V (weird quad voltage 3ph motor)and is mismatched to incoming power..can't get to motor lead box yet,the saw is temporary stashed in a trailer,blocking access to motor lead box..I'll do a thread on it soon once I get shop space back

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
sounds like the wrong motor for it!
got the onions cultivated and some weeds sprayed, another 8 rows of sweetcorn in and more cabbage plants in. loaded out some stuff I sold,---more to go as I am trying to sell out as much as I can. Mostly stuff I dont use anymore to start with and work up from there!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
hauled off another load of crap. Getting the yard cleaned up so we can better enjoy our entertainment area.

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
looked into the bandsaw motor for a little while late today, it's an "IEC global standard" motor, its both 50 and 60hz rated compact frame D90L,2HP 3phase..not totally hard to find a replacement in case this one is toast, but I think its just wired wrong voltage or made up wrong. A single phase version is available but I have to see if the current motor is any good or just wired wrong..it would be a cheap and easy VFD speed control conversion to make..more later

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Ya, That 3 phase crap is a joke for regular guys! Got that problem with the motor on my 10 foot SB lathe, --- ancient 2 hp 3 phase and I mean ancient! And to top it off its a chain drive from motor to first reduction shaft, flat belt from there to spindle shaft. The chain looks like the timing chain out of a car motor. guess I need to take the motor off and try making something else fit on it. Got a new 2 hp modern single phase motor from an auction that I kinda wanted to try on it, never gonna do heavy high speed production with it, so just something to make the chuck go round and round will suffice.
The 220-v part is great, the 3-phase part is not!
The switch on this thing is kinda weird too. it looks like a soda can with a lever on top. dont know if that would vary the speed or just on - off.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Went to auction today! Might have been a mistake. Looks like I now own another F-350 truck. Service bed on this one, Not exactly what I wanted but as long as it runs/drives I can live with the rest.

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
another replacement F350 might be an easier way for you Sonny with all the issues you say you have with the older one

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Well I decided to run both of the 350's and give up on the 150 for now. this 350 is a year OLDER than the diesel and has only 80,000 miles on it, so a year older and half the miles, PLUS gas motor!-- STILL stuck with automatic trans! --- The new one has a 5.8? --- anyway I cant keep track of these new numbers. looks to be maybe something about the size of the 351 which I had in a 150 4x4 at one time and that was a good motor.

MBN member
MBN member
Sounds like a drum switch. Usually set up for some variation of FWD-OFF-REVERSE. Can usually be set up for single phase or 3 phase.

Attached Images
Untitled.jpg (4.64 KB, 61 downloads)
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
That looks like whats on it!!! forgot about the reversing thingy!!!

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
Sonny I'd argue that your '3phase is crap for regular guys"..u have it or you don't; if you don't,you can find a way to run the motor with a converter,or just replace it with a single phase motor,sometimes its cheaper to run the 3phase motor as prices for motors are thru the roof!.the saw I am working on has a control box with a machine tool transformer to supply 120V for the motor starter coil, worklight and controls due to the machine being made for a global market..it has 50 or 60hz capability,so the motor is a IEC design, not a NEMA motor. From what I can tell the control box was made up for 208V and the motor is still made up 480V,best I can tell right now..so a wiring mismatch is present..never know what you will uncover with an gov't auction machine..it might have been used in a 480V facility then excessed and transferred to someone with 208V who started to work on it but got stopped and transferred again to a warehouse for years, no documents,etc..I got DoAll to send me the electrical prints..ya gotta start from the "basement" and confirm wiring from the plug thru to the motor making sure everything is done correctly..and work upwards thru the control system..it looks complete but you never know maybe something critical was pulled off and used elsewhere to fix another saw..Ill start a thread with pics when I can get back to it

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
cut up some angle iron crates, got the head off the 560, moved logs, got the 806 out to the road and ready to load Sunday, sprayed more weeds, put up more ads on marketplace, got more stuff sold, and I am beat for one day! lol!

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
ripped the 35 year old carpet out of the Motor home and laid vinyl plank. Still need to trim it out but I think it'll be a hell of a lot easier to keep clean.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
LOVE that plank stuff! Looks great and easy to clean!

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
got pistons cleaned up for the 560, now to clean the inside of the sleeves.
sold more stuff today and got it gone, slow process for sure.
Cold and wind here today 55 degrees and it was 89 at this time yesterday! Kinda hard on the old body!

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
fixed my little water pump,--got it running again. loaded out some sold items then went to the onion rows. Hoed 6.5 rows, got a half row left to do.

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Had to go to asc office to sign papers on this crp seeding. came home and didnt get much else done, feeling kinda sick all day! Damn weather, 50* one day 89* the next sucks!

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
got a jump on the 5 days of rain coming my way, adjusted the governor on my old '69 Deere Kohler mower, then unpacked and put away into the shop cooler some Montana craft beer I just sent home,cleaned the shop floor and now getting started on another big boy hand truck..oh and retired officially from a 34 year career as an electronic tech..but the soldering iron isn't goin cold..just takin a break before starting a new career..

1 member likes this: sonny
B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
getting started on another jumbo handtruck with golfcart wheels

MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I find the bigger the wheels are the better they push/pull!

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
I built one for a mobile home service friend of mine, he loves it for moving foundation block around the home sites..rough ground,it rolls easy with 200lbs of block stacked on it.

JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Drove up to Bridgeville DE. today & installed a Ice machine then drove back to VB 6 hrs of road time

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
probably took Rt.301? not too bad once ya cross the water

B
MBN old hand
Online Content
MBN old hand
B
finally after 30years of using a welding style vise grip to hold up my garage door, I'm replacing old worn out garage door springs with a torsion spring kit

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  JIM, sonny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
2024 gardens
by sonny - 04/11/2024 10:55 AM
What odd jobs did you do today?
by sonny - 04/04/2024 11:14 AM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box