Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#737 05/04/2019 11:29 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Been fighting this truck for 2 months trying to get it started, ( damn diesel junk), anyway from what I can trace down it looks like the electric transfer pump is out. -- It is mounted under the cab, inside the frame rail, ( lovely place amonst the salt crap), and after some research I find it has the stupid "snap connectors" on the hoses going to it.--- well it takes a special tool to remove them, and I doubt that they will budge!--- Looks like a lot of dirt hanging under there like maybe small fuel leak ?
Tried to get a guy to fix it,---That was 2 weeks ago, never heard for him so I assume he don't want to mess with it either. I need some ideas of how to deal with these stupid fittings!-- I watched a video on changing one, but that guy had the special tool that I don't have and he didn't do a nasty pump. thanks ; sonny

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
sonny #738 05/04/2019 02:56 PM
MBN member
MBN member
the tool is cheep but the ford fitting can be hard to get lose

TomB #741 05/08/2019 07:49 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
I tangled with the fittings on a 84 crown vic one time!--I said never again! lol!! I didn't check about getting a tool that fits the fittings, might have to break down and tear into it myself, since nobody else wants to do it for me.Thanks; sonny

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."
sonny #767 05/21/2019 03:21 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Well ,I took off the thing under the cab, inside the frame like they said and looked up the part # AND--- well that stupid piece is only the tank switch valve!!---After more tracking, now they say it could be on right side just ahead of the starter,--NOT on this one!---next location possible was in tank!--- Not sure I want to empty the tank and try taking that sucker off!---Not a 1 man job and I have to work by myself.
Next idea they came up with was that it has a 2 stage mechanical pump in the valley UNDER the turbo. YA take turbo and pedestal off to change that sucker IF its the problem child!---Mine looks like a single stage pump.--- anyway I am getting no where on this POS! thanks; sonny

sonny #768 05/21/2019 03:42 PM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
The problem is circled on the Grill. just sayin smile

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
sonny #769 05/21/2019 07:45 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Actually the main problem is that morph. 7.3 POS diesel that Ford put in there!---Truck itself is decent. -- I used to be all GM trucks, but they got scarce and out of my price range, so I ended up with Fords. Had some really good ones over the years, all gas models. This is the first (and last), diesel of any brand for me!--Turned down a great deal on a Chevy 1- ton just because it too was diesel. Don't think they are any better than 7.3 either.

sonny #795 06/16/2019 09:59 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Well,--- Finally got the truck started. ---there are NO electric fuel pumps anywhere on this model year, ( 97), and they use a 2- stage mechanical pump on them, mounted it right under the turbo so everything has to come off to replace it.
Went to put battery charger on it to try turning it over again and noticed the positive cable on the right battery was white. (left battery looked o.k.), so went to remove cable and the bolt was ate in half, just sitting there not holding the clamp tight. ---- the starter turned engine over just fine, only wouldn't start. While I had that cable off and cleaned it, --I took the neg side off and cleaned it too. -- Then I had to put new bolts in the clamps and got them tight.
After all this I decided to see if it would still turn over, so I hit the heat cycle a couple of times and then hit start and the first piston that hit compression fired and died!!-- scared the hell out of me!! lol!!, so I ran the heat cycle a couple more times and tried the starter again, --- it was turning and firing and soon it started and ran like it always did!
The only thing I can figure out is that some of the sensors get power from the right battery and the starter runs off the left one, and until both batterys are making contact it wont run. --- A real work of art for sure!!
Still have a couple of injectors going bad , misses a wee bit on idle, but hits on all 8 at high rpm's.
Goofy automatic transmission not working the greatest, but may have found a "donor truck" that has a 5- speed manual with a new clutch just put in a while back. I really want to do the swap to the good manual transmission so if I can make a deal with the guy he will sell me the old truck. Actually he wants to trade it to me on an old Farmall 806 gas tractor that I have here and need it gone, so we will see what comes of this deal! Thanks ;sonny
P.S. ---- NEVER buy anything with a 7.3 diesel motor in it!!!!

sonny #796 06/22/2019 09:18 AM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I personally will NEVER buy a FORD. 806 Farmall I spent a lot of time on one of those as a teenager bailing hay. We had an old H with a buzz saw mounted on the front we used to get fire wood. Good Luck with the truck.

Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.
sonny #1135 03/03/2020 08:05 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
I had put the truck to bed las year when temps got down to 50 degrees at night and yesterday I had the charger on it all afternoon so the batteries won't get too low. --- It was a bit above 50 degrees and sun was warm, so I decided to attempt starting it. --Took a while but it did finally start!
I do think the glow plugs are shot again and from what I can find out the injectors only last 125,000 miles before they go bad.--I have 1 starting to miss on idle but picks up when you mash it. It now has 120,000 on the odometer so I figure they are shot as well. Rebuilt set looks like from$1,200 to $1,800 exchange and the glow plugs are around $100. for a set of 8 Motorcraft plugs. also saw where someone says his plugs have to be replaced every year. I can't get anybody around here to work on diesel trucks. I could probably change the glow plugs myself but injectors,---not sure about that.
Hard to get up on the engine since the truck sits so high. --- makes it hard to work on.
At least it's in the notion to run again this year. Last year I drove it a lot and pulled my trailers a lot with it. It's the only thing that will pull my General tri-axle trailer. That's the one I haul the skidloaders and tractors on.

sonny #1143 03/04/2020 11:57 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
yes the diesel trucks need GOOD electrical connections to the batteries..not like a gas truck or car..I replace my batts every 4yrs,without fail..regular maintenance,drain water sep on the frame rail every month and run Power Service fuel additive summer or winter..keeps injectors lubed..Sonny the 7.3 was the LAST easy diesel in a Ford,after that the 6.0 wasn't bad but the 6.4 was a TOTAL disaster and the 6.7 now is a lot better..Ford lost a lot of diesel people over the early 6.0L and the 6.4L total disaster..think about this; you have only ONE truck engine to deal with,but what if you owned a Fleet of Ford diesel ambulances, constantly giving you problems and Ford giving you the runaround every time you had one in the shop? With a fleet chances are at least 1 is in the shop at any one time,losing you money..not to mention the nightmare of a breakdown with a client in the back..
Makes me want to go watch the old movie-Mother Jugs and Speed-again

Sonny you have to run a fuel additive to supply the fuel lubricity to the injectors now,the diesel fuel now has almost NO sulfur in it which provided the lubrication for the older diesel fuel systems..all my old equipment gets a good dose with every tank of fuel and then some..I go overboard with the stuff but have very few fuel related problems.

sonny #1147 03/04/2020 08:41 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
I have been dumping the additives in this one for the last couple of years, does help a little, I think.

sonny #2221 02/08/2021 11:25 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Well -----the deal on the other truck I was going to look at fell through --- the dumbass never called back and wont answer his phone to he can stick it! --- He sounded like a real loser to deal with anyway. So still lookin without much hope of finding anything.
Found a nice lookin Dodge, ( ya, Dodge) price not too bad ------YUP damn diesel too! --- thats out for that one. one ton, dual wheel trucks here are impossible to find and they want over 5g for junk that dont even have a title or is parked in the fencerow with trees growing up in front of it!

Anyway back to my 97 ---- cant get anybody to work on it, so I guess I will have to break the bank and try to do something my self. Wish I could find a reasonable priced older 350 Chevy motor and 5-speed for a ton truck. I would put that in this truck.
What I would REALLY love to have is the 350, a 4 speed out of and old dump truck, and my 3-speed aux. transmission behind that. --- 12 gears up ---3 gears back. THEN I would have a real truck. ---- this late in the game I can only dream about it!
Anyway back to trying to figure out what is wrong with this junk 7.3, still lookin in my service manual for a 7.3 -----totally useless, dont even look like the one in my truck, so back to square one!

sonny #2222 02/08/2021 01:12 PM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
350 chevy engines are getting harder to find,not to mention a good TH350 or 400 trans..back in the day they were easy to find,not so much anymore..the 7.3L diesel had its day and is impossible to find a good reasonably priced one now..most have over 250K and are on the way out..an easy swop would be a Cummins 6BT 12valve and an Allison auto,a lot of frame cuts around they come out of medium trucks and would fit without a LOT of mod work..the F350 would have at least a 4.11 rear ratio it would pull good with that rear..most good 6BTs go for around 4-5K sometimes with the trans.

try Adelmans (www.adelmans.com) in Ohio,not too far from you. CommercialTrucktrader-(https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com) 7.3L trucks going for 5K.

So whats wrong with what you have? hard to start or just plumb wore out? compression down,hard to start or is it an injection pump issue? The 7.3Ls are glowplug dependent engines thats for sure.Check those glowplug connections.
I don't know what your budget is,you could dump an easy 10K into an engine and trans combo and still be far ahead vs.buying a newer truck with taxes and registration all over again..it's a lot right up front but would pay off in the long run if you keep it and take care of it. It's a vicious struggle to own any diesel truck these days,but the 12V Cummins 6BT engine would be the best low-maintenance one to go with IMO

sonny #2224 02/08/2021 04:35 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
I dont have 5 or 10 to put in a motor---- This one has 120,000 miles on it and motor is junk! --truck excellent! ---truck is good cause the motor never ran long enough to wear anything out!
it had 99,500 the day I drove it home ----- 500 miles later it blew up ----new hi-pressure oil pump and drive gear, new turbo and pedestal, new glow plugs and wires, a bunch of other shit on the top of the motor-----all new 5g later it ran another 10,000 miles and started that shit over again. struggled along til now---- at 120,000 and it started one day, ran idle for a few seconds and I always speed it up a bit to make the alt charge up, BUT it started blowing blue smoke and knocking and rattling, dropped cylinders and died.
Went back 2 hours later and started it and it ran fine. later I drove it 13 miles to help sis at her place and drove back home,--ran fine. A few days later I started it and same old shit, speed it up and blowed blue smoke and died. Thats all it would do , now it wont even try to start and I have no idea what is wrong this time---I assume injection pump went out. They said at the first repair they did at the 100,000 mile mark that the injectors were junk but aint no way I am gonna give 1500 to 2800 for different ones and still have a junk motor. Done spent WAY too much on this pos motor and want a gas motor and manual trans.
This trans is junk too--- shifts when it feels like it and not when it should---runs in low for 4 miles before it wakes up and shifts the rest of the way up.
So anyhoo----IF this is something simple, ( yea right), that would get it going for a while,--I am stuck with it.
First thing everybody says is-- oh just change the fuel filter and it will be fixed! ---( I wish that were true)!
I dont have the first thing to check anything on it,---no diesel testers of any kind, not going to get any either!
I know Jims solution but cant find a chevy either!--chevy diesels( which I dont want) are around by the dozen here as is dodges! all WAY overpriced and rusted out, have 300,000 miles on them! --- AND 99% of them are 4-door shit! LOL!
Thats why I wanted a good ole 350 chevy to put in my truck. Even a good 351 ford motor would be good. I had one of them in a 77 F150 4wd that was great---- auto trans went out on that truck too---nother reason to not have an automatic in my book!!

sonny #2236 02/09/2021 04:29 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
It sounds like you have multiple layered issues with your 7.3L Sonny,might be injection pump internal drive ring and/or an HPOP failure...Ive had good luck with my low mileage '06 F350 6.0L diesel up until last spring I went to GA to do a pickup of a large generator at auction and 10hrs later and almost there my truck fuel filters clogged along I-20 outside Atlanta..It was when the COVID shit just hit last April and my state was under supposed lockdown..If I didnt go pickup the unit I'd lose it to abandonment..so hook up a trailer and here we go..no tools no spares supposed to be an overnight turn and burn..$3.4k in repairs for 8 clogged injectors and filters,and a fuel system douche..off the road I did find a great powerstroke diesel shop N of Atlanta who does great work,took care of me..
Powerstroke Specialty, 1046 Parkway Court,Buford,GA 770-904-0733 (www.powerstrokehelp.com) Powerstrokes 6.0,& 7.3L are ALL they work on,nothing else,no cars or other BS.
Give them a call Sonny,ask for Mike the master wrench or Sean,service advisor..or the owner man himself Bill Hewitt,very honest,knowledgeable Ford diesel folks.
Get on Youtube and search their page on 'Powerstrokehelp', they have a lot of good videos up on there for the 7.3L diesel..They get trucks shipped in there for service all the time,FWIW

sonny #2244 02/09/2021 11:43 PM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Not to rub it in Sonny But my truck has a 5 spd Std.. although.. Some times I wish I had an automatic. Like when I'm pulling my boat out of the water. Have to slip the shit outta the clutch to make sure the boat is settled on the trailer proper prior to rolling all the way out on the pedal. tough on clutches for sure. On the flat & level I wouldn't trade it for any thing.... guess that's why I've kept it since I bought it 23 years ago. 350 Vortec with a 5 spd manual. Like driving a sports car when it's not loaded. It's only a 1/2 ton BUT I tend to ignore that rating. It's hauled a few loads of sand that were near 2 ton. 1.78 actual.. I was waiting for a tire to blow honestly but it was only a 2.5 mile trip. now none of the places I get material from will load me over 1 ton. I've been told I'm lucky they do that now days. TECHNICALLY they aren't supposed to load any one over the rated capacity. More trips glad all my BIG projects are done. Might get some more gravel for out back but that's about it.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

sonny #2543 05/06/2021 08:20 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Finally found a shop that will look at my truck, BUT not till they get done with farm equipment---probably sometime in June! --- Probably tell me to junk it! --- gotta do something with it soon.

sonny #2544 05/07/2021 05:53 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Yeah Jim I'd say that old pickup is a keeper for sure..simple..I'm really annoyed by all the bells and whistles that the newer trucks have,most of it is total BS..'torque management' and 'terrain management'..my biggest beef is no more levers for transfer cases..now we have to have a computer module that does that..WTF

sonny #2545 05/07/2021 11:51 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
ALL of this new shit is made that way and its stupid! Neighbors 2 year old f-250 diesel is a crock to drive 4x4 nob on the dash, little 5" screen on the dash that I cant see comes on when you hit reverse, aint nobody in their right mind could use it to back up with, row of orange-red numbers on the dash keep moving up or down,---very distracting to me, he says thats what gear the automatic transmission is in! WHO CARES! just shift and lets go! ----Then we look to the right and try to find the heater controls ---- Good luck finding that!! ---- He dont have a clue what half the shit on there is for, and I have not a clue either! S'POSED to have gps on there someplace ---- neither of us can find it! ---probably lie to us anyway! He uses the gps in his phone and it did lie to us once!
Anyway the new tractors and other equipment is just as bad! NO levers anymore--hell the big loaders dont even have a STEERING WHEEL!!! --- I aint drivin one of them!--EVER!!

bunkclimber #2546 05/07/2021 09:04 PM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Originally Posted by bunkclimber
Yeah Jim I'd say that old pickup is a keeper for sure..simple..I'm really annoyed by all the bells and whistles that the newer trucks have,most of it is total BS..'torque management' and 'terrain management'..my biggest beef is no more levers for transfer cases..now we have to have a computer module that does that..WTF

Another reason why I keep it. If it's got a wire going to it then it's destined to fail under a real mans use. fly by wire shit is for the birds.

sonny #2547 05/07/2021 09:13 PM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Love my 86 & 87 critters Bucket truck is an 86 C-30 custom deluxe 350 and my motor home is a 87 P-30 454 chassis. Model year for the RV is 88 though.
put power to the HEI Ignition and your running. Still have the dependable Quadrabog carbs on both. I tried doing TBI but they actually ran better on the carbs so I put them back on.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

sonny #2548 05/07/2021 10:09 PM
C
MBN member
MBN member
C
Ford 7.3 diesel around here go for top dollar.
We have 2- F250 and 1-F350 ( all 2000), 200,000+ on each of them. If it is below 50 degree, just plug them in for a hour and they start right up.
All have over 200,000 miles on them.
The one with the 6 speed gets 17-18 mpg and I have only replaced the water pump, starter and clutch.
Did a 1001 mile run in 18 hours with it last year and would do it tomorrow, if I need to.
Took the F350, with auto, 150 miles today to get a new tractor. sil was driving, first time pulling a load. After a few miles coming home, I told him to take it to 75+ mph, not the 60 he was driving, so we could get home.
And, after 2 hours in the seat of my new TYM 574 this afternoon, I like it better than my TYM 754, that I have put over 900 hours on, in the last 5 years.
Plan on sq baling 5000+ bales this year and the TYM 574 will be the tedder/ rake tractor, plus will do most of the picking up the bales, with a bale sweep.
The 7.3 diesel's will be moving all the equipment and hay around this year.

sonny #2561 05/10/2021 07:59 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
you might just have to go electric-hybrid Sonny..might solve a lot of problems you've been talking about.....(waiting for it...)

sonny #2564 05/10/2021 09:32 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Still trying to find a good motor and transmission for this one. Really would rather have a Chevy 350 and 5 speed to put in it. THEN I would have a real truck.
Second motor choice would be a 351-M --- had one in a 77 f-150 4x4 and it was a good motor, ----- never had any trouble with it either.
This 7.3 junk should be banned!!

sonny #2565 05/10/2021 09:43 AM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
I'm not much of a Ford fan any more but the 351-M was definitely a good engine the Windsor wasn't bad either really..

sonny #2566 05/10/2021 04:58 PM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Sonny I think you could revive that 7.3L diesel if you had the right people work on it..a lot of the dealership techs just don't know the older stuff,its a rare tech that can UNDERSTAND what's going on and repair it,not just throw parts at a problem and hope to fix it..on your dollar..I know Ive said it before, try Powerstroke Specialty in Buford,GA..they will set you straight on it..they might even have a good 7.3L in stock that you could bolt in yourself..anyway all those older engines are getting VERY hard to find,even the 2000's are being junked..hard to understand where it all went..there were so many of them made..it is what it is,one way or the other it'l cost you money..GM is even working on a hybrid drop in replacement for older trucks hence my joke ealier,supposed to be a hybrid drop in electric powerplant, 250hp with standalone hardened electronics..GM demonstrated it in a '70s Blazer of all things..read this:

ECrate GM drop in replacement

sonny #2635 06/11/2021 11:24 AM
N
MBN member
MBN member
N
Wished you lived closer I've 3 friends with shops that really know there way with these 7.3..they work on hundreds a year. One guy is automotive diesel. Other is heavy equipment but wont work on cars...the other will work on anything that fits in yard

sonny #2636 06/12/2021 11:55 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
YA, still looking for somebody to look at this POS! --- Found a couple places that do diesel ---the first one is Cummins ONLY, ( any size)! second one is Detroit and do a few Cummins but only for big trucks! ---- The import place does diesel, but only imports!

sonny #3008 03/07/2022 10:19 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Just found a guy that will look at my truck! I been messin around on it during the warmer days and wigglin this thumpin that and decided to try it again. Well it started and ran on 3 or 5 cylinders but it ran. Shut it off after a bit and tried it a few days later and this time it ran on all 8 but sounded not quite right so shut it off again for a couple more days,--too cold now since its below 55* and it never would start at temps lower than that.
Neighbor called about 5 pm saying that his guy would look at my truck so push it on the trailer and bring it over. --well I stuck the reddy heater under the front for 45 mins and started trying to start it. It would fire now and then but no go. after 5 mins or so it lit off and ran screamin and ready to go!--- I got it to move it self down the drive so headed to the neighbors place and he came out and hooked his big trailer up and I actually drove up the ramp without being pushed!! LOL!!
NOW in the morning its off to the shop with it! Might be hopes for the truck yet! GOTTA have it this year. It has been down for over a year and I had a real struggle without it to pull my big trailers with.

sonny #3009 03/07/2022 10:32 PM
JIM Offline
MBN veteran
MBN veteran
Glad you got somebody to check it out

sonny #3010 03/08/2022 11:30 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Im not gonna armchair diagnose it but sure sounds like a fuel/injectors/glowplug trouble combination..cold fuel gelling, injectors mechanically not firing or NOT BEING TOLD to fire, or a bad glowplug harness/glowplugs themselves inoperative..a couple of cans of John Deere ether down her throat might bring 'er to life LOL

sonny #3011 03/08/2022 09:05 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Got it to the guys shop and pushed it in! -- Half-way home the phone rings and its him on the other end! He took the valve covers off and --------------Well, pass. side glow plug harness burned out, so 4 of the glow plugs were not even on --- might be an $80. part ---BUT the main engine harness that controls the whole motor is also burned beyond repair! YA an NLA part from Ford. After market harness is $ 800. so thats where we stand as of tonight! He thinks injectors are probably junk too so as the bank dwindles, ----- cant find a running truck so we fix this one!
Found several used 350's BUT ads say 7.3 and DOES NOT RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Already got one of them!!!

Last edited by sonny; 03/08/2022 09:07 PM.

sonny #3012 03/09/2022 06:33 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
at least you have someone on it that knows where to start and what to look for..wiring CAN be repaired as long as it's not burned up into the connectors,which are no doubt Ford parts-(special proprietary made by Ford) You might also think about a harness from another truck..the internet is a wonderful thing, you can find ANYTHING..best of luck Sonny you'll get er fixed Im sure

sonny #3019 03/09/2022 08:47 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
He said the connectors are burned beyond repair but he is looking to see if he can track down a repair kit or not. At one time he could get them but hasnt seen them lately so we wait!
I think this guy know his way around 7'3's from just talking to him about them.
MIGHT even get my 3" stak direct from the header out and up pass side of cab to a foot or so above the cab with a turnout on the top! LOL! -- He said "we can do that"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lookin up!

sonny #3020 03/10/2022 05:46 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
The guy called about 11 am saying that I can come get the truck! I drove it home the 60 miles runnin 55- 60 and it did fine for now. Kinda hard to start it now but that is because he cleaned the ipr valve, so takes longer for oil pressure to build up before it fires the injectors and I can live with that! lol! He also did find a repair kit for the main wire harness and saved the big one. Total parts and labor---$600. ---- this kid knows his shit about 7.3 diesel motors! --- took him 2 days part time to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He did say that the injectors are bad but will probably run quite a while no harder than I pull the truck, so gotta start an injector fund jar! Cant get new ones anymore so they have to rebuild your old ones and that is around$2,000 or so for that job!

sonny #3021 03/12/2022 09:49 AM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
Sonny a lot of time the reman injectors are better than new as they get personal attention by the rebuilder, not some automated production process somewhere..glad to hear your 'tough nut' finally got cracked

sonny #3469 12/31/2022 01:03 AM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
Well now where to find rear spring hangers for a F-350 cab cahssics truck? -- saga goes on and on! Did get the tail lights fixed/changed replaced both while I was at it and went with led crap. HATE it but now I can blind everybody else on the road like they do to me! LOL!!

sonny #3479 12/31/2022 01:16 PM
B
MBN old hand
MBN old hand
B
cant you use the 3"wide spring hangers and just use washers of bushings to make up the slack in width or is there something Im not seein

sonny #3481 12/31/2022 02:07 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
The rivet pattern on them are off. Guess i could drill new holes in the brackets or the truck frame,---not sure. also not sure if that would set right distance from frame. Kinda hard to tell from pix, of the parts I found on the internet.
I found some at one site but the site is now not maintained,----out of business I guess or something.! Still gotta figure out something!

Also looked at 2 1/2 " ones and they look closer to fitting.!

Last edited by sonny; 12/31/2022 02:09 PM.

sonny #3483 12/31/2022 04:10 PM
sonny Offline OP
MBN veteran
OP Offline
MBN veteran
found this one and its what I need but when you go to the site--- they dont have it!!

Attached Images
m965-front-of-rear-hanger.gif (8.8 KB, 10 downloads)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Recent Topics
What odd jobs did you do today?
by bunkclimber - 03/27/2024 11:56 AM
Member check in.
by sonny - 02/29/2024 12:10 PM
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Donation Box