cut the pressbrake apart with a cutoff wheel in the angle grinder,cut the old welds off,removed the top slide assembly from the lower pump frame..then fired up the bandsaw again and cut and removed the bent die holder anvil plate..beveled out the weld areas for the new anvil plate to join the top slide plate...going to use Cronatron Eagle 3330 weld rod, 125Kpsi tensile..good stuff

[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

got the 2" thick plate section in the mail-(the US Mail Jeep girl wasn't happy about that box)..cleaned it up on the grinder, transferred the die holder mount holes and tapped them..then placed it on the frame with the new 1-1/4"thick bottom plate,checked alignment again, and tack welded it so I can setup the new rear cylinder supports..this press is really picking up weight..that bottom plate really anchored it tho..much stronger.

[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

Next will be burning the new rear cylinder supports from 1"plate..have to wait for a section of 1-1/4"dia 4140 round pin material to arrive so I can align and set up the rear supports..This job is easy, but as the song goes, 'the waiting is the hardest part' -seems I'm always waiting on materials to be delivered. I've learned if you need one hyd fitting or piece of rod stock to order more than you need-that way the next job you MIGHT have what you need..if you can find it again. More to come as I work on this. Maybe my mail carrier girl won't be mad at me this time when the rod stock comes in the mail..