I found skid steer backhoes on YouTube, they look weird attached Sonny but I guess they work quite efficiently. I've watched a lot of YouTube videos on different factory and homemade skid steer, articulated and wheel loaders and looked at a lot of websites. I watched a video on skid steer verses pivot steer (articulated) and after watching that for what I want to do I'm sticking with Articulated Skid steer or Pivot steer. There is a lot of good ideas out there in what people have made ie rollbars, weights on the rear end or attached to the rear wheels, 4 in 1 buckets etc. I agree about the long wheel base for stability and I guess you could probably put some weight in your front end loader bucket whilst using the hoe if your digging hard to try and stabilise the front end more. All this front end loader and back hoe stuff I've only ever watched people operating them but never had the opportunity to have a go myself and I intend to start off nice and slow so as I don't make any nasty mistakes.
I've still got to have a read of the info on yours Skid steer GatorS, but I will when I get some time. Those Beavers must be a pain in the rear at times when they block the rivers. I'm going to wait a while before I buy the Cadtrac plans as our Aussie dollar is down a fair bit at the moment.