I had put the truck to bed las year when temps got down to 50 degrees at night and yesterday I had the charger on it all afternoon so the batteries won't get too low. --- It was a bit above 50 degrees and sun was warm, so I decided to attempt starting it. --Took a while but it did finally start!
I do think the glow plugs are shot again and from what I can find out the injectors only last 125,000 miles before they go bad.--I have 1 starting to miss on idle but picks up when you mash it. It now has 120,000 on the odometer so I figure they are shot as well. Rebuilt set looks like from$1,200 to $1,800 exchange and the glow plugs are around $100. for a set of 8 Motorcraft plugs. also saw where someone says his plugs have to be replaced every year. I can't get anybody around here to work on diesel trucks. I could probably change the glow plugs myself but injectors,---not sure about that.
Hard to get up on the engine since the truck sits so high. --- makes it hard to work on.
At least it's in the notion to run again this year. Last year I drove it a lot and pulled my trailers a lot with it. It's the only thing that will pull my General tri-axle trailer. That's the one I haul the skidloaders and tractors on.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."