yes the diesel trucks need GOOD electrical connections to the batteries..not like a gas truck or car..I replace my batts every 4yrs,without fail..regular maintenance,drain water sep on the frame rail every month and run Power Service fuel additive summer or winter..keeps injectors lubed..Sonny the 7.3 was the LAST easy diesel in a Ford,after that the 6.0 wasn't bad but the 6.4 was a TOTAL disaster and the 6.7 now is a lot better..Ford lost a lot of diesel people over the early 6.0L and the 6.4L total disaster..think about this; you have only ONE truck engine to deal with,but what if you owned a Fleet of Ford diesel ambulances, constantly giving you problems and Ford giving you the runaround every time you had one in the shop? With a fleet chances are at least 1 is in the shop at any one time,losing you money..not to mention the nightmare of a breakdown with a client in the back..
Makes me want to go watch the old movie-Mother Jugs and Speed-again

Sonny you have to run a fuel additive to supply the fuel lubricity to the injectors now,the diesel fuel now has almost NO sulfur in it which provided the lubrication for the older diesel fuel systems..all my old equipment gets a good dose with every tank of fuel and then some..I go overboard with the stuff but have very few fuel related problems.