This has the 15 hp engine and hydro trans-axle and it will be running in reverse, so don't know how that will work out! LOL! I think I do have some tire chains that fit these tires so that is another option if I need more traction.
I don't worry about making tracks with mowers, I use chains on the Sunstar 18 to pull the water tote to the gardens, makes a world of difference in traction and don't do much damage to the hard ground.
I had this old yardman that was my butt-buggy for many years and never did have a deck on it, so I decided to use it for the conversion.
Not sure what would be the least hp one could get by with on one of these. Hydro's pull kinda hard , so we shall see how 15 does with a load of heavy compost and dirt.

Working on the front axle today,---It had some worn bushings in the left side and wheels never did track real straight, so I took it apart and now I have to make some bushings to take up a half inch of slack.
Started the engine before I quit for the night and it still runs fine, so 1 step closer! LOL!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."