found out the platform lift I got from Ritchie Bros was a dud,the control system uses a PC module and a motor controller,both of which are dead..got the service manual and troubleshooted it,found both modules were dead,but they hydraulic pump still works and the solenoid valve banks(2 of them) work...so off into the land of bang-bang control we go with toggle switches and relays direct acting the valves..this oughta be fun..kinda like a roller coaster gone bad
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So I tore out the two controllers and mounted a terminal block to directly access the valve signals and add some diodes to control back EMF from the solenoids..across the solenoid hots and a ground in inverse..a lot of interlocked functions to be considered here on this one.I might have to map solenoid valves together with steering diodes to make two valves work together..combining functions.Still probably hold up longer than the PC module and a LOT cheaper.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

More to come on this as I get into it..this uses (4) deep cycle 6V batteries..wow at $230.00 each I can see why it got parked when the batteries went bad..thats a chunk of change..so for now I'm using two 12V deep cycle batteries in series..at half the AH of the golf cart batteries that came with it..it'l have to work for now