I had a long message typed up on here and my pc died...so here we go again.

Here is where we started.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I took two days to tear down the Jacobson. I don't know how anyone is supposed to work on these things. The more I took it apart the more I was amazed that anyone could work on it. In their defense I was servicing it from the top and it may have been easier to attack it from the bottom.

Here are some pics of the disassembly.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j2Pcqd][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

You can see the condition of the engine in these pics. I have the head and the I believe all the parts. One day I will build it if I find a use for it. I will at least pull the oil pan and see how bad it is.

You can see the mess of hydraulic hoses and wires. Best I can tell you are supposed to service the hydraulic pumps through the floor board. It’s definitely easier when you can just cut the wires and disconnect the hoses. I don’t know if my floor will ever be clean again, I tried to catch all the oil in pans, but there was also a tremendous amount of dirt and grass packed in every nook and cranny. I still got old hydraulic fluid everywhere.

Here is the floor…..

I wiped it down pretty good then took it out and pressure washed it. Here is how it sits now.

I did cut the brace out of the center since this picture, the frame will wrap around the back of the John Deere rear end and weld on. I won’t have to grind on the Deere very much to make it fit. I may bolt it on if I can make it work. That way if all this fails I can put the Deere back together and sell it or at least drive it around the yard.

Here is the back of the John Deere 3235C, the frame will attach at the back of the unit.

On the front of the Deere the old lift arms were attached by pivot rods that go through the frame. The frame doubles as the hydraulic tank so I don't want to weld on it. I plan on fabricating a bracket to attach through the existing support holes that way it is supported by the holes that were designed for loading.

The plan at first is to get it driving with the rear of the Jacobson and rear decks then worry with the front deck attachment.

Original Deere front

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.