I removed the two wheel drive axle from the deere with the intention of using the Jacobson 4wd axle. After a lot of studying the hydraulic diagrams I decided it wasn't possible to drive the 4wd from the deere hydraulics. The Jacobson energizes a solenoid on a main control valve that sends hydraulic fluid at 250 psi to the 4wd valve. Another solenoid on the 4wd valve energizes to allow 4wd in reverse. The Jacobson has a 4 port pump and the Deere only have three. That fourth pump feeds the control valve. I could have put in a rotary flow splitter to feed the control valve and made it work. It woudl have been a mess of hydraulic hoses, I aslo never ran the wheel motors, so I don't know if the leak. I also have wheels for the Deere axle, I;d have to buy new ones for the Jacobson. I decided to go the simplified approach and install the Deere axle bushings in the Jacobson shaft.

The shafts of the axle are the same diameter but the hubs attach with a pin on the Jacobson and a snap ring on the Deere. I decided to cut the bushings off and weld the deere axle ends to the Jacobson axle. There was some geometry to work out but I made it work.

Here is the rear of the loader (got ahead of myself)

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Jacobson Frame

Frame in place for welding

Rear pic

Welded up, there are some more bracket pieces welded underneath

Full Frame

Axle frame mount

Original Deere Axle, straight shaft. This axle had a 15/16" pin. The Jacobson had a 1-7/16" pin and had the mount made on the frame.

I don't have a pic of the Jacobson axle, the mounts were at different angles, I had to match the angle of the Deere to the Jacobson. I think I got it all lined up pretty good.

Welded up

Last edited by GatorS; 06/04/2020 12:42 AM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.