Jim the dry thinwall chrome liners like in Kubotas and my Isuzu compact diesels are a PITA..the heavywall liners are quite easy to do with the proper tool..OTC and others make the liner pullers they go about 800 for the kit thats pulls them out.You might be able to fab one(yes we are machine builders here) it could be done with some 1"all thread or (better)-acme threaded grade 8 rod and some heavy pattern nuts..I tried to fab one for the thinwall liners but it didnt work,they were clinging to the block like no ones business,very tough to move,I finally had to torch them out with a gas welding torch,heating the metal and peeling it in a strip,off the block wall then curling it in on itself and pulling out. The new ones went in easy once shrunk with dry ice, a block of hickory and a deadblow hammer. I think the critical thing to watch is deck protrusion of the new liner once inserted into the block and lubing of any o-rings that fit on the liner to seal coolant.The dryfit liners have no o-rings,they only seal combustion,the coolant never touches the dryfit liners.