Got to work a little yesterday. Welded up the brackets for the front deck attachment. I took the brackets from the Jacobson and cut out a 3" slot. I welded this to a piece of 3x3x1/4" tubing. On the front of the John Deere mower, there were two pivots for the reel arms. The pivots go through the front axle and are bushed and lined with brass bushings. They are welded into the frame. I am going to use the two factory pivot holes to mount the adapter beam to hold the Jacobson bracket. hopefully pics will help this make sense. I welded it up and got it painted today.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Tubes with 1-1/4" holes already drilled.

Got it primed and painted, will install tomorrow hopefully.

After this I have to hook up hydraulic lines, change all the wheels on the decks, install new blades, cap some extra return lines....and I'm sure several other things then cut large widths of grass.

The decks are built like very heavy bush hog type construction. They should hold up well. I haven't put fluid through the deck motors yet, they are all supposed to be good, but who knows. If one is bad they are about $1000 each...and there are 7....fingers crossed I think they are rebuildable if one leaks.

The flows between the John Deere pumps and the Jacobson pumps and the reel motors and deck motors are all surprisingly close. I think that since the Deere hydraulic pumps (are still being used it should handle the pump load.

Last edited by GatorS; 06/27/2020 11:58 PM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.