Cleaned the shop, ground the rust off the old blades from the franfenstein mower, fixed a small floor jack....

Yesterday I got my a central AC working in my shop .....sort of. I have a central unit I installed in the shop, I had replaced two units in my house one had a bad coil and the other I wasn't sure on. I installed the smaller unit first and after it was charged, it wouldn't move refrigerant. It was a 1.5 ton unit. The other is a 3 ton unit. I had that unit installed with the smaller coil. The compressor wouldn't start on it so my AC guy gave up on it. In the mean time I found a four ton package unit that was supposed to run. I gave $200 for it.

I literally took my sawzall out there and was fixing to cut the pipe and I decided to try it again. I had already bought a new capacitor. I took the old one and hooked it up in parallel with the new one. I pushed the starter in with the capacitors doubles and it shuttered and clunked over a few times before stalling. Before it didn't turn at all. I pushed it manually about 10 times each time is clunked a few times more than before. Finally it broke free and started running. I let it run for a few minutes. Now it will fire right up and rin with just the normal capacitor. I let it run friday and it froze up solid. It was charged while not running, hopefully when charged again it will run. I not I have the 4 ton package unit ready to install also. The package unit is a natural gas unit. I may hook it up anyway for winter heat.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.