I bought a 2 post 9,000 lb asymmetric lift about 3 weeks ago off facebook for $500, it had all the parts. It was removed from a auto shop about 6 months ago and had been sitting outside.

They didn't have any way to help load it so I had to winch it onto my trailer and pry on it with 2x4s etc. Luckily there were two young guys there that helped me to muscle it on the trailer. Unfortunately in the process I punched a hole in the tank.

I think they had been sitting outside for for longer than they told me. Any way I took out the carriages and cleaned out all the old grease and inspected everything. The latch releases were frozen up, I cleaned them up and they work fine now. I also took off the teflon slides and flipped them to the new side. I also reinstalled the shims.

The lift says Worth on it which is a company in Texas, I called them with the serial number and they said it was a Grand lift that a guy had slapped Worth stickers on years ago.

I bought replacement hoses, cables, and a new hydraulic pump. The pump runs, but the tank has a hole in it and I don't have a lid for the tank. I decided it would be best to just start with a new pump. The hose also looked OK but I didn't want to chance it. The cables had about 10 broken strands on each run. On one wire, it had a whole group broken, The cables are only to keep the sides level and not really load bearing. However if a cylinder blows the load could go on the cable. Anyway with all that I have spent $500 on lift, 170 on pump, 110 on hose, and 115 on cables. I also bought a better hammer drill but not counting that in the cost. That adds up to $995. The lift is a 9,000 lb lift, but it looks heavier built than the ebay cheap lift that you can get for about $1,800.

Anyway I didn't really mean to spend the extra $400 but I'm committed now. Here's some pics.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

These will be cleaned up and painted after I get everything working.

I got it set in place this week. I used the tractor to set the beams and top post. There is only 1" of clearance above the beam to the ceiling 2x6

Friday night and today I bolted it down, greased the slides (3 tubes worth), installed the new hoses (ordered the wrong fittings accidentally so I am going to wait till the pump comes in and make sure I have the right fittings before I order the ones to connect the hoses. I torqued the anchor bolts to 160 ft-lbs. Everything came out level. The wires, and pump will be here late next week.

The lift did perform it's first job this afternoon. I have a 6' finish mower that needed the spindle changed. I used the cross beam as a gantry crane beam. The addition of a strap and a chain hoist make it pretty handy, probably safer than using the ceiling joist in my pole barn.

I'll update when the rest of the parts come in.

Last edited by GatorS; 08/09/2020 12:43 AM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.