well the battery was OK; after getting into it, the glowplug power bar was loose; it's a copper bar that goes across all the glowplug terminals..two screws were loose so she was only getting glow on two engine cyls, no wonder it was hard to start..now it starts like its supposed to..I just replaced two hyd cylinders on the mast, it has one big one,low mounted and two on the upper portion of the mast..the upper two were rusted internally, they never got used before and the outer seals rotted and they got water in them and corroded the bores..very special cylinders, had flow limiters in the bottom end, quoted at $1K for rebuild..NOT! so I sized up some NOS single acting forklift cylinders from Surplus Center at $130/ea, had to cut and weld the old Hyster cylinder ends onto the new cyls..lost about 2" of overall stroke but the tradeoff was worth it..well when putting those all back together on the mast I forgot to finish tighten one of the hardlines to the bottom of one of the new cyls and it leaked about 5gallons of hyd fluid before I noticed it under the lift...whooops I guess we call that dust control around here. had to hillbilly ramp it up on blocks just to get access to the fitting without taking the mast off again..very close to the ground,limited access..safety first, use lots of wood blocks..Ok,on to the next odd job

[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]