yup Gator I had a Dana44 quick-locker in my artic loader back axle (replaces the diff spider gears) and it would snap an axle shaft on regular occasion..then I went back to a limited slip diff and havent snapped a shaft since..the machine doesn't push like it did before but no more snapped shafts..I think a key element as well was I went to TIG welding the axles back together with 120K psi Cronatron Eagle rod instead of 70Kpsi MIG welding them..much better welds..I want to re-pack the limited slip diff($75 kit) maybe tighten it up a bit..worst break I had was in winter during a blizzard,broke an axle shaft which took out the wheel bearing and seals too.. needed to use the loader to clear 4ft snow drifts to get out but couldnt..too much to shovel as well..couldnt get out to get parts to fix it either so I called in the parts order and a buddy of mine picked it up and met me at the street in 12in snow and ice on top..what a mess

PS Gator it might be time to consider dumping the GM 1/2T axles and the steering axle and going with two 14bolt GM full-floater truck rear axles..you have a much heavier machine than mine..might solve your problem