I got the cables in last week, got everything installed. Did a test lift of a couple go karts. Both have bad compression. I went ahead and pulled the engine out of both. They are both GY6 engines.

Anyway the lift seems to be working. The cable pulleys are plastic.....more on that in a sec......

Here are the go karts.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I will put this on the dozer thread, but I needed to move it inside so that I can work on it easier. I don't want it blocking the main shop door, so I pushed it back in to the lift, then my curiosity got the best of me and I had to try to lift the dozer......I jacked it up and put blocks under it so the arms would go under. I lifted the dozer up about 2 ft. When I tried to set it down on the internal latch the far side didn't catch. I didn't notice it for about 2 inches, and it put the tension on the cables. It shattered one of the plastic cable pulleys. Nothing else looked to be broken. I was able to hit the button and raise the dozer to level. I tried to take get it to catch again and it wouldn't for some reason. I didn't want to raise it without the cables with the heavy load. I set it back down on some blocks. This will help me get under it to take the catch pan off, and get to the engine bolts.

Anyway Here is a pic of the lift with the dozer in it, you can see the cables loose. The dozer weighs about 8,000 lbs.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.