Gylford, I decided to just keep the brake with the same setup. I never liked the petal, so I made a new one. The new petal looks much better than the old one. I think most of the brake problems are related to the stuck caliper. I bought then at Autozone years ago. I think they have a lifetime warranty, so worst case I will take it off and take it back, or get a new one. They are readily available rebuilt. I drove it around a good bit yesterday and today and it doing great without the locker. I haven't noticed any change in the traction, but it does ride a lot smoother.

The front deck is in two pieces.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I replaced the brake fluid and refilled it. I spilled some brake fluid on the lid and it peeled the paint. The brake petal pivots on the two steel plates you see in the pic below.

This is a good looking pic if I say so myself....

Bunk....like old times talking about broken axles.....I would love to swap to the 14 bolt axles, but that comes at a high cost, those axles are 8 bolt, and have 15" rims on them now. My current has 17" rims. So bare minimum I would have to buy new rims, or new tires. The rims that are on them now are generic crappy 1980 rims. I don't know if the length of the front axle housing is longer than the current ones, I believe that it probably is longer. The front drive shaft is only about 10" long including the two universals, the slip portion is only 2" long. If I had to shorten it more it might be a big deal. I think the rear would work fine.

Also I rebuild the brakes on all four corners of the current axles, (although as previously mentioned one is messing up) to get to the same state on the 14 bolt 1980 axles, it would probably be 5-600 dollars plus a couple hinders for rims. Hopefully this recent rebuild will hold up.

Today I decided to move the Komatsu D20P dozer into the shop for the engine repair. I lifted the blade with the loader, and chained it up. The hydraulics would hold it, but I didn't want to depend on that while moving it. I put it in neutral and pulled it off the blocks I had it on. I was able to push it into the shop with the loader. The dozer s about 8,500 lbs. I was impressed by how well it was able to move the dozer. It pushed it very well.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.