Sonny: I've built some stuff that was such a poor solution that I just started over.

GatorS: The mobility was my reason for screwing around with a delusion seller on the ARPS tractor B/H. It would mean that it would be mobile on its own while still being relatively small. I planned on using mild steel for the pins and harder grade for bushings to wear the pins more that the bushing. I thought I likely would need to drill/ream the bushing after welding. I planned on Zerks on joints. I didn't consider bronze bushing as I it will be a low use machine and overkill.

GLyford: I plan to use a mild steel for pins and a harder steel for bushing, all with grease fittings. I appreciate your "pin clearance" comments as I would be inclined to go toward minimal clearance. Thinking about it, a loose fit would encourage grease migration throughout the the whole joint if you pumped new grease into it on a regular basis. Must be why my stepfather spent so much time greasing his machinery before using it in the field.

bunk: Excellent point. When I moved here to NW Houston I bought a bigger riding mower. My lot is 1.5 acres mostly grass. Got pissed at the prices local mower shops charged for parts. Started buying stuff online in lots to reduce cost and make sure I can keep mower running as I used it as a hauler too. Too old to carry crap very far anymore. I would never appropriate anything. I have heard that plaintive voice calling out me "take me home - set me free" and as a freedom loving person I seek to oblige.

Appreciate everyone's comments

JLG

James Geraci