I have put PB blaster on it, the problem with that is that the bolt is about 5" long. There are two sets of rubber isolators between the bolt head and location of the threads. The bolt threads from the two front bolts look like they have loc tite on them. Most of the time Loctite breaks down with torch heat. Problem is that as I have taken it apart hydraulic fluid and deisel have dripped everywhere. I caught most of it but it is still all over the place. I think I could heat it without catching the machine on fire but I don't want to risk it. Not worth it to burn my whole shop down over these two bolts.

I have tried some crazy things over the last week on it. I ordered a crow foot wrench, I put it on and was able to get a 1/2" drive ratchet on it. I still didn't have room for a good cheater so I took a porta power and braced on the car lift leg and pushed on the wrench handle. It pushed till the wrench couldn't move more. I reset it and the crow foot opened and popped off..

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I took off some hydraulic lines and was able to get a box wrench on the bolt head. I put a shackle on the wrench and pulled it with a come a long. I pulled till it bent the wrench. The wrench bent until it got blocked and I gave up on it.

I have removed all the bolts from the console and have it ready to pull. I think I'm going to go ahead and change all the hydraulic hoses, it will be easier with the console is gone. The Roll cage is pulled back and I have clearance to the remove the console. I actually pulled it loose trying to pivot the cage back.

When I pull the console I will have direct access to the bolts

Last edited by GatorS; 11/12/2020 01:40 AM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.