I am looking at building a set of pallet forks for my JD 2305. I am looking for suggestions or recommendations.

My plan is to build the back frame out of 2" square tube. I have the John Deere hooks and pin for the quick connect so that isn't going to be a problem.

The top of the frame I plan to weld on 4" long sleeve X 1 1/4" ID on each end and one in the center. I will have 1" solid round bar running through the sleeve. The bar will also be pinned on both sides for easy removal.

The forks is where I an really not sure. I was thinking of using 4"x2" C channel. The tip will be cut back at an angle for easy sliding into the pallet and cap welded so it will not be open. I plan on welding gussets on the side where the horizontal and vertical parts of the forks meet, I'm planning the gussets to be L shaped and about 8" up and 8" along the side. Both sides of the fork will have gussets. The top will also have some a sleeve welded on to it so it can slide on the solid bar.

If the forks don't sit level I will add some support on the bottom, I plan to to make them use the 2" square tubing for the bottom support. I could install a piece that should go over the 2" so they don't lean forward when tipped forward.

My thoughts, I can remove the forks and use that back for other attachments if I ever want to. I will be using this to pick up rail road ties, 5th wheel hitch, other odds and ends around the house. I cant pick up anything too heavy my loader isn't capable of super heavy loads.

JD 2305