I would strongly suggest that you make a carraige to hang REAL forklift forks onto. As you start to use the fork attachment you will use it more and more and strong forks will be an asset to what you do. I started with c-channel forks we made to fit a 480 Case skiploader and they bent the first week we had them finished. I've made forks for others when requested-"all we are doing is handling christmas trees-two or three at a time"- well then an employee at the farm bent them trying to pick up a pallet of sprayer parts.I built them heavy and gusseted them as well. The welds didnt break the metal bent-4"channel turned up on edge,it rolled over and twisted. Forklift forks can be had cheaply-usually about $150/pair for used 4000lb Class 2's-the smaller ones,they are hardened and tempered. Check the Craigslist in your area. I made a fork attachment for my 4x4 mini loader, it hangs two forklift forks on it..easy to build..picks 1700lbs no problem. I used two sections of 2x4x3/16" wall tubing and then laminated 1/2"bar to it for the top clip of the forks to hang onto, same for the bottom..It's an easy build..might cost you a bit for the steel but do it right the first time and it won't fail on you..I have two forklifts here that get used often,but get stuck easy..then I use my miniloader when it's muddy...let me get a pic or two today of the fork attachment and you can see how I built it