here's some pics of the chassis I made for my miniloader..Class2 forks slide easy on 1/2"thick plate..It's not cut on the angle the fork mount clip has, but it's a tight fit that works. Drill the 1/2"plate on the front and plug weld it to the bar stock or tubing you use,you want the forks to slide without hitting the welds. 1/2"plate clip rail welded to 1" x 2" solid bar stock to add resistance to bending..There's a strap that goes from the top rail to the bottom rail to keep them spaced..I'd suggest about 1/8" space between the fork slide rails so they don't bind up when moving them across the carraige to adjust them..mine were binding so bad I had to use a sledge hammer to move the forks, then I took an angle grinder to the top rail to open up the tolerances a bit so now you can slide them by hand. I don't lube them, just go dry and that kinda helps keep them in place. I made a clip-on bucket of sorts to move snow with,the tab with a hole in it is what holds the bucket on, it just clips on the top rail but the pins hold it onto the fork chassis..A couple pics for you to consider.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

Looks like the closest place to you for forklifts is in Bismarck,ND at F+M Forklift..they might have some old forks out back..ask the service manager..A good point about used forks is to look at the 'heel' of the fork,its the spot on the bottom at the upright part,the forks always get dragged on that area and wear it down,a lot of forks are scrapped because they get thin in that area..take a look first. Local here in MD forks are $80/ea for Class 2's,42"L 4000lb.
Take care be safe as you probably know ND is covid hot right now