It should only have a power beyond valve on it if the outlet flow that would normally return to the tank, it instead going to another downstream valve circuit. A power beyond valve vs a normal valve can be as simple as removing a fitting and screwing in a different one. You may not be able to tell from just looking.

What you really need is a pressure gague going into the valve between the pump and the valve. A restriction in the line is what will heat up fluid, this restriction could be the fluid going through it's normal processes at too high a pressure, or it could be a system that is plumbed to with a closed return. In that case the pressure would build until the relief pressure was hit and then the relief valve would let the fluid go back to the tank. In that case the pressure between the pump and the valve would alwaye be high even when nothing is being used. The hydraulic presure when nothing is moving shoudl be under 400 psi, or even lower. You can get all the fittings and a gauge from surplus center to check your pressures.

My machine is different, and I have a 2 section valve, I have a gauge on the line going to the lift valve, and one on the wheel circuit. That way when either loads up I can see what is causing the restriction. My pressure reliefs are set differently also.

Does this machine use a flow divider to split the flow? Its been a long time since I studied the Cad Trac designs.

I am also going to move this over to the CadTrac section.

Last edited by GatorS; 11/30/2020 05:25 PM.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.