thank you all for the help, Bunk, since it's a hobby thing I want to keep it minimal but I appreciate your help and that may come in handy down the line.
I don't know why I didn't think of the pulley system, I considered doing that to convert a generator head to pto a couple of years ago and found a calculator online but was in a hurry because of hurricane season and didn't go that route. I am living proof of the biggest problem people who struggle with these mechanical problems have, we over complicate everything. I guess my goal will be to have it packaged to use pulleys because that will be a simpler and cheaper install and it is something that will only see occasional use. I hope to get started on it in the next couple of weeks if all goes well and Santa and the grandkids don't break me. my plan is to use cam followers on a vertical frame and have the drive on the side with the tensioner adjustment on top. I am not to good with tech stuff and haven't posted a picture in years but I will try to get some on here when I can get it operational even if it is still hand driven until I can get time to motorize it.
Thanks again to all of you guys, I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me.

God speed.

Last edited by smithcreek; 12/08/2020 12:06 AM.