running low on fluid possibly you had air entrapped in the drive circuits causing inop hyd motors..if they are plumbed in series like I remember the CadTrak was they would do that until it purged the air. how did the machine lose the oil fluid? is there a leak or broken fitting somewhere? even a slow drip will leak out gallons over a month period of time.

Looking at your picture of the valve it sure doesnt look to be a power beyond valve,they usually have a bigger monoblock casting with two or more BIG ports that get one or other pipe plugs installed- one gives you standard 4-way operation, you remove that plug and reinstall the power beyond plug and it redirects return flow to this power beyond port,which is seperate from the return port on that valve. It sure looks from your valve photo as tho you have a standard valve and someone has plumbed the return port with a flow restrictor or wye fitting from what I can see which may be backing up the pump's flow and causing the heating issues you have..I run a power beyond valve for my steer circuits and the loader functions are power beyond downstream from that..when you move the steer valve, the loader stops until you stop steering then the loader functions return,except for down on the loader,that just dumps pressure into the return.They hold position until you stop the steer function. Maybe someone who built the machine went cheap and used a standard valve they had instead of the proper power beyond valve.Just a guess.