Ok so I finished the base forklift pockets yesterday, if I didnt have interruptions I would get a lot of work done..but sometimes I guess it's good to take a break and deal with people..so I had 6"channel pulled up into the shop but the fork slots were 8"wide so I had to send the channel back to the rack and pull a section of 8"channel..man working with iron again I see now why I'm exhausted at the end of the day..and I do pace myself too..I went thru some metal saw blades on the Milwaukee metal circular saw,it sure makes iron work easy..plunge cutting 3/8"plate it works hard..so far two blades down,and onto the third..gotta reorder some more.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So then I have to rebuild and expand the size of the fuel tank fittings, I'm a stickler for 2" and up filler fittings..This tank was used scrap and sized out great for the base..so here I have to cut off the old fitting and prepare the tank for new bungs..The aluminum tank will get a pair of bungs here, one as a filler neck and one for a tank gauge..the bungs are easy to fab, just get a 2"aluminum coupler and cut it in half..presto two threaded bungs with perfect threads..onto those will go 316 stainless hex nipples, a 45deg ell and a threaded cap. Note to you out there, once you go above 2" on fittings they get expensive..2" as a filler will flow all you need. Use stainless as black pipe fittings rust internally and will contaminate your tank with scale. The stainless won't make for galvanic interaction like steel will on the aluminum..A little money now,helps keep the fuel system clean but also saves a lot of filters.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

More to come as I work on this.
Sonny the generator is a naturally aspirated Isuzu 4LE2 diesel with a 25kw 3phase generator end.