Nope,didnt fill the tank with water or anything. It had been empty for a year or two,actually probably way more, the fuel fill cap was off and the tank was stored in my barn..it had some diesel residue in it and aluminum shavings where I cut the old fuel fill neck off that was mangled..I simply wiped it out with shop towels,fit the threaded filler neck couplers to it and went at it with AC Tig and some 4043 this morning over a cup of coffee. Now if it was a gasoline tank it would be a different story of washing,purging and inerting it..I try to avoid welding on any used tanks but the diesel tanks don't scare me..altho I do have respect for arc-initiated tank exposions..Ive had enough close calls already..
Anyway the Milwaukee saw is rated for 1/4"steel like concrete deck pans and such,I did structural with it yesterday and today,the blades Im using are the Evolution 50tooth blades.They run pretty good but reach a point that they start to screetch and just wont cut anymore,not even slowly..they just stop. Im going to do some 1/8" and some 1/4"plate with it within the next couple days,I'm on my last blade and hope it makes it thru.