o.k. finally got the last bolt out without breaking it off ---- slid head off---gasket perfectly good, ----turned head over and------well----NOT so good --- split that sucker wide open!
Pic of the topside, white burn mark by plug , pic of bottom side showing the split. I can almost stick my pinkie thru the hole.
Found mouse beds the size of a half gallon jar down in the bottom of the air duct,--- looked like it been there for a long time.
Motor sounded like an exhaust leak when I first got it, so it must have been starting to break before I got the loader.
I blew everything out before I started running it but this area is where you cant blow air into.
Anyway, I took the righthand head off the old parts motor he gave me in the deal when I bought the loader and it has good heads, so that will work,---manifold is good BUT wont work on the loader motor---outlet is in the wrong place so guess I'll have to seal this old one up and put it back on and hope it dont leak. The intake side on left bank has the ear broke off. The broke off piece is still stuck on the block and I left it there for now.

Attached Images
20201209_151236.jpg (47.88 KB, 82 downloads)
20201209_151228.jpg (48.07 KB, 82 downloads)
20201209_144533.jpg (59.71 KB, 82 downloads)
20201209_144509.jpg (46.08 KB, 82 downloads)

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."