Sonny everyone has a different idea of big..we'll just leave it at that. Ive had 'em all here big and small, its what sells and fits the customer's need at the end of the day that matters..the small diesels seem to really move quickly and thats whats keepin the lights on in this shop. I've been buying and selling the small to midsize military surplus generators for years..the market is crazy right now and no signs of prices going back down.

Anyway I got the engine core mounts modeled last night,should have them done by noon..they span the base frame and support the engine/generator above the tank in the frame.This Isuzu is pretty lightweight for it's size,3"channel should be just fine for this situation.Anti vibration mounts bolt to the top of the channel to mount the engine/gen to the crossmembers.

[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

The fork pockets recessed INSIDE the frame of this one raised the profile of the fuel tank inside the base,usually the engine/gen sits lower in the frame (yes it's not the first one we've built) The others have the fork pocket cross tubes welded underneath the base frame,it raises the overall height of the enclosure about 4"..months back I fabbed a 30kw Deutz with that setup, worked out OK and gives an area to get cables and charger cords,etc out underneath of the enclosure..for this one I might put a cable port on the rear.