I questioned the mess of tees in your lines right off the bat! --- something in your hose routing is off back feeding something. PLEASE do testing before you kill your new pump! ---- wont take much to kill it too if problem not solved quickly!
Testing will take time and be messy BUT should point you to the problem child in a short order.
The tall silver nut would be just the relief valve as Bunk says--- I agree---your valve looks like a standard one.
If unit wasnt plumbed to plans, and the builder just started hooking hoses to whatever----- well, easy to hook to wrong places,----even accidently this can happen, so you need to trace each hose starting at pump out port and work downstream from there, AND while you are at it git rid of them damn tees in the return lines!!!! --- EACH return line should have its own fitting/hose in the tank---5 returns need 5 seprate lines/fittings in the tank. I had an Oliver combine that had 8 return lines back to the tank on it because it ran most of the machine by hyd.---- this is just an example of the factory setups that I have run into---- had to be a reason for the way they did it cause the combine never got hot at all, so it worked!
Keep us posted on your progress and what you decide on! --- We understand the bad feelings toward the machine, but its the original builders screw-ups falt, not the machine! --- You CAN straighten it out!!

Last edited by sonny; 12/20/2020 03:07 PM.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."