a Lot of stuff is coming with vertically mounted direct drive power plants. Sonny, if you have a pump that is bi-directional then you can direct couple it. the pump on the mini hoe is designed for direct drive But it's belt driven due to space availability on the front end of the shaft. it also allowed me to set in a slight speed reduction because it's a 11 GPM 2 stage pump. it's been in operation since 2005 and still kicking without any issues and no jackshaft. it's most likely because with the 2 stage pump it doesn't really load the belt too much once that 2nd stage drops out under load in it drops to 2.8 GPM. direct drive pumps normally have needle bearings on the drive end and they are not designed for radial thrust. I've just been lucky and also cautious to keep the belt tension at the min. required to prevent slippage. if it goes out on me I'll re design it. Got enough to fix with pivot bushings for now.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.