Making some progress here after the holidays..some parts are trickling in at a snails pace but at least they are arriving..so I noticed a collision between the fuel tank filler neck and the generator end..so I lifted the engine/gen up and off the fuel tank frame and turned the tank around inside the lower frame for more filler neck clearance..an easy fix for an emerging problem. I have to run a bond wire from the frame to the fuel tank as well,maybe run a couple redundant wires there for surety..no drawings or blueprints here,just build it up as it fits..so while waiting on other parts (USPS at it again) I refit the air cleaner for a lower profile..the stock air cleaner mount was located too high and ran into the exhaust muffler area..I cut some 1/4"thick 6061 aluminum plate, then drilled and tapped some holes for the mount..the air intake tubing was fabbed from a 90deg mandrel bend I had here, I wanted to use a 45deg bend but didnt have any here in 2"dia...I had to inspect and clean the interior of the tubing and swab it out, paint and re-install, so it lowered the air cleaner about 4" from where it was...the air cleaner has a swivel repositionable outlet..kinda neat..glad this genset came with that,a lot of times they are missing..those Donaldson air cleaner assemblies are expensive!
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So now I'm building up the wiring harness as I can..trying to use up some high-temp Teflon insulated wire I had on the shelf..Wire is an expensive thing these days,I like to use Teflon as I can and when I can find it..I use friction tape(tar tape as many call it)-you can reposition it and open it up and reuse it many times if you keep it clean..the engine/gen core didnt come with much of the original harness as it was salvaged from scrap..it was a working engine combo with 150hrs..so the electricals are all 24v, so I can use smaller wire to put this one in service as the currents are lower vs.12v..glowplug circuit is a #14 Teflon insulated wire, I salvaged that from the original harness scraps. The magnetic pickup and throttle actuator wiring was salvaged as well as it is Teflon.. HD relays are still in place for the starter and glowplug circuits, so some of that work is already done, just have to refit those control wires,and add some reverse spike diodes to the relay coils. Keep ya posted as this build continues.