Hi guys, I just found this forum and it looks right up my alley! I've been playing with electric bikes and building related things for over 10 years and now I'm interested in making some work machines.
One of my current projects is this mini loader I'm making with the main purpose of shaping natural dirt trails for mountain biking and also some landscape work in my yard.
The quick details:
Walk behind with handlebar for maneuvering
Based on an electric power chair chassis/motors.
Speed is 3-4mph with the stock 24v motors.
Front loader is a 26" wide bucket I am fabing from scratch (pic below).
Lift height of bucket will be 36" to load a wheelbarrow or cart.
Bucket will have 2 cubic foot and 200lb capacity.
I'm going to make it as an attachment so I can later put other tools on it such as an auger.
Lifting mechanism will be 3 electric actuators assisted by 2 gas struts.
Tilt will be a manual release like on the small tractor scoop from husquavarna / craftsman.

I know its on the very small end of the spectrum but I am prioritizing manueverability and efficiency and using battery power. I just love the benefits of electric operation. (I use to run a battery powered lawn mowing operation in my city, which worked very well).
My goal for this machine is for it to do the work equivalent of 4 laborers.
I do have other versions in mind with more powerful motors and hydraulics like a mini articulating loader in the 2000lb range.

Pics: bucket frame made of 1/8" and 3/16" steel. I've been using the cheapest 90amp flux core welder from harbor freight but I'm upgrading to a decent mig this week.
Power chair chassis : barely any work done to it yet. It has enough power (1200watts)to push a 160lb concrete block on dirt. I will probably use a higher power controller and triple the peak output. Motors are rated at 700 w each. So 2100 w peak each isn't unreasonable. That's 6hp with all torque available.

Attached Images
20210109_140747.jpg (104.5 KB, 89 downloads)
20210107_120006-1.jpg (374.95 KB, 90 downloads)
Last edited by veloman; 01/13/2021 01:44 AM.