anyway the USPS mail delay ridiculousness continues here,so I started and finished the control box and engine throttle control while waiting on other parts to arrive..Gauges mounted to box lid along with engine protection controller..easy to use control, I've used a bunch of these not too hard on the wallet at $50 or so each..very versatile to use. I try to use a terminal block with box lug sections as it contains the wires and makes for good connections.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So then I started building the enclosure to protect,house it and reduce sound levels..basically using 1x1 steel square tubing and some 1x3 rectangular tubing for the top and bottom enclosure frames..I don't have a complete sheet metal fab shop here but do have access to a hydraulic plate shear to make straight cuts on sheet..All 14ga sheet steel for panels..Im using Roxul laminated rock wool 2"thick 2x4ft panels for sound control inside the cabinet,it comes in Monday so that'l occupy the morning going into Baltimore to pick that up.The muffler will mount inside the enclosure,wrapped with silica cloth and compartmented inside the top with a plenum for the rad discharge air to blow thru,upwards and across the top plenum to help cool the muffler then out the top of the enclosure thru a screen..lot of work to build and set up but well worth it..more to come as I get to working on this again as parts trickle in.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

I do have a critical level exhaust muffler for this engine,I may series it up with another resonator to tone down the exhaust noise..Im going big on exhaust pipe sizes so as not to restrict flow and cost HP. The engine has a 2"exhaust port and I step up to 2.5" and 3"ports on the muffler and resonator..should be OK with that. Keep ya posted on this.